The Early Bird (1936 film)
|The Early Bird|
|Directed by||Donovan Pedelty|
|Produced by||Victor M. Greene|
|Written by||J. McGregor Douglas (play) |
|Starring||Richard Hayward |
|Music by||Al Bollington|
|Edited by||Sam Simmonds|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
The film was made at Highbury Studios and in Northern Ireland. It was a quota quickie produced for distribution by the American studio Paramount Pictures. The film's sets were designed by art director George Provis.
- Richard Hayward as Daniel Duff
- Jimmy Mageean as Charlie Simpson
- Charlotte Tedlie as Mrs. Gordon
- Myrtle Adams as Lizzie
- Nan Cullen as Mrs. Madill
- Elma Hayward as Susan Duff
- Terence Grainger as Archie Macready
- Charles Fagan as Harold Gordon
- Chibnall p.289
- Chibnall, Steve. Quota Quickies: The British of the British 'B' Film. British Film Institute, 2007.
- Low, Rachael. Filmmaking in 1930s Britain. George Allen & Unwin, 1985.
- Wood, Linda. British Films, 1927-1939. British Film Institute, 1986.