The Double Event (1921 film)
The Double Event is a 1921 British silent comedy film directed by Kenelm Foss and starring Mary Odette, Roy Travers and Lionelle Howard. After her father, a country clergyman, loses large sums of money his daughter recoups his losses by becoming the partner of a bookie.
|The Double Event|
|Directed by||Kenelm Foss|
|Produced by||H.W. Thompson|
|Written by||Douglas Hoare (play) |
Sydney Blow (play)
|Starring||Mary Odette |
|Distributed by||Astra Films|
The film is based on a play of the same title, which was adapted into a sound film The Double Event in 1934.
- Mary Odette as Dot Martingale
- Roy Travers as Captain Dennison
- Lionelle Howard as Charles Martingale
- Tom Coventry as Angus McNeil
- Roy Byford as James Bennington
- Beatie Olna Travers as Laura Bennington
- James McWilliams as Reverend Hubert Martingale
- Louie Freear as Susannah
- Sydney Wood as Dick Martingale
- Julie Kean as Harriet Martingale
- Low p.358
- Low, Rachael. History of the British Film, 1918-1929. George Allen & Unwin, 1971.