The Dashing White Cowboy
|The Dashing White Cowboy|
Cover of the French edition
|Preceded by||The Tenderfoot|
|Followed by||The Daltons in the Blizzard|
Lucky encounters a wandering theater troupe, whose specialty play is the titular drama, The Dashing White Cowboy. But in each town where they perform, a major robbery takes place right during the climactic end scene. His suspicions aroused, Lucky Luke decides to keep a sharp eye on the group, but in the course of his investigation nearly ends up being framed as the culprit twice. Only with the help of a repentant member of the troupe can he bring the culprits to justice.
- Whittaker Baltimore: Actor and director who travels the United States with his troupe. He plays the main role of the play. The character has the features of actor John Barrymore .
- Gladys Whimple: Formerly a saloon dancer, she plays Linda, the young first of the play .
- Barnaby Float: Actor specialized in the roles of villains. In the play, he plays Mortimer.
- Francis Lusty: Machinist and Room Driver of the Whittaker Baltimore Troupe.
- Hank: Lucky Luke's old friend.
- Morris publications in Spirou BDoubliées (in French)