The Cutter is a 2005 American action film directed by William Tannen, and starring Chuck Norris, Joanna Pacuła, Daniel Bernhardt, Bernie Kopell and Marshall R. Teague. After a deadly kidnapping rescue gone wrong, a guilt ridden detective recruits his specialized SWAT team to successfully rescue an aged diamond cutter from the hands of a murderous thief.
|Directed by||William Tannen|
|Written by||Bruce Haskett|
|Music by||Elia Cmiral|
|Edited by||Jason A. Payne|
|Distributed by||Sony Pictures Home Entertainment|
A former cop turned Los Angeles P.I. takes on a case of a missing diamond cutter that leads him on an adventure of love and villainy spanning of mob to the present day Jewelry District.
- Chuck Norris as John Sheperd
- Joanna Pacuła as Elizabeth Teller
- Daniel Bernhardt as Dirk Cross
- Bernie Kopell as Isaac Teller
- Todd Jensen as Parks
- Tracy Scoggins as Alena
- Marshall R. Teague as Moore
- Deron McBee as Alex
- Dean Cochran as Eddie
- Curt Lowens as Col. Speerman
- Aaron Norris as Tony Maylan
- Mark Ivanir as Doctor Joseph
Shooting took place in Spokane, Washington.
Scott Weinberg of DVD Talk rated it 1.5/5 stars and called it "the epitome of all things cinematically generic". David Johnson of DVD Talk wrote, "The Cutter is a mediocre film overall, and, specifically, a tame and lame action flick."
- "The Cutter". BBFC.
- Kershner, Jim (2004-12-11). "Chuck Norris, Spokane Ranger". The Spokesman-Review. Retrieved 2015-04-26.
- Weinberg, Scott (2006-03-27). "The Cutter". DVD Talk. Retrieved 2015-04-26.
- Johnson, David (2006-03-31). "The Cutter". DVD Verdict. Archived from the original on 2015-06-15. Retrieved 2015-04-26.