The Cradle of Courage
The Cradle of Courage is a 1920 American silent drama film directed by Lambert Hillyer and written by Frederick Bradbury and Lambert Hillyer. The film stars William S. Hart, Ann Little, Tom Santschi, Gertrude Claire, Frank Thorwald, and George Williams. The film was released on September 19, 1920, by Paramount Pictures.Copies of the film are in the Museum of Modern Art and at other film archives.
|The Cradle of Courage|
Still with William S. Hart
|Directed by||Lambert Hillyer|
|Produced by||William S. Hart|
|Screenplay by||Frederick Bradbury|
|Starring||William S. Hart|
|Cinematography||Joseph H. August|
William S. Hart Productions
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
|Language||Silent (English intertitles)|
A former criminal serves in the military in World War I, and is convinced by a man he served with to join the police when he returns. However, upon his return, he is confronted with policing members of his old gang.
Copies of The Cradle of Courage are held by Cinematheque Royale de Belgique (Brussels), Museum of Modern Art (New York City), Library of Congress, UCLA Film and Television Archive, and the Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive.
- "Cradle-of-Courage - Trailer - Cast - Showtimes - NYTimes.com". nytimes.com. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "The Cradle of Courage". afi.com. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- Progressive Silent Film List: The Cradle of Courage at silentera.com
- www.amazon.com https://www.amazon.com/Cradle-Courage-William-S-Hart/dp/B002YKBX14. Retrieved 2019-05-19. Missing or empty
- The Library of Congress/FIAF American Silent Feature Film Survival Catalog: The Cradle of Courage
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Cradle of Courage.|
- The Cradle of Courage at the American Film Institute Catalog
- The Cradle of Courage on IMDb
- Still at silenthollywood.com
- Kramer, Fritzi, The Cradle of Courage (1920) A Silent Film Review, at moviessilently.com