The Cowboy and the Indians
The Cowboy and the Indians is a 1949 American Western film directed by John English and written by Dwight Cummins and Dorothy Yost. The film stars Gene Autry, Sheila Ryan, Frank Richards, Hank Patterson, Jay Silverheels and Claudia Drake. The film was released on September 15, 1949, by Columbia Pictures.
|The Cowboy and the Indians|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||John English|
|Produced by||Armand Schaefer|
|Written by||Dwight Cummins|
|Edited by||Henry Batista|
Gene Autry Productions
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures|
- Gene Autry as Gene Autry
- Sheila Ryan as Dr. Nan Palmer
- Frank Richards as Smiley Martin
- Hank Patterson as Tom Garber
- Jay Silverheels as Lakohna
- Claudia Drake as Lucy Broken Arm
- Georgie Nokes as Rona
- Charles Stevens as Broken Arm
- Alex Frazer as Fred Bradley
- Clayton Moore as Luke
- Frank Lackteen as Blue Eagle
- Chief Yowlachie as Chief Long Arrow
- Lee Roberts as Joe
- Nolan Leary as Sheriff Don Payne
- Maudie Prickett as Miss Summers
- Harry Mackin as Bob Collins
- Charles Quigley as Henderson
- Gilbert Alonzo as Lucy's son
- Roy Gordon as Congressman Lawrence
- Champion as Champ
- "The Cowboy and the Indians (1949) - Overview". TCM.com. Retrieved 2018-08-06.
- Sandra Brennan. "The Cowboy and the Indians (1949) - John English". AllMovie. Retrieved 2018-08-06.
- "The Cowboy and the Indians". Catalog.afi.com. Retrieved 2018-08-06.