The Bread Peddler (1934 film)
The Bread Peddler (French: La porteuse de pain) is a 1934 French drama film directed by René Sti and starring Germaine Dermoz, Jacques Grétillat and Simone Bourday. It is based on Xavier de Montépin's novel of the same title.
|The Bread Peddler|
|Directed by||René Sti|
|Produced by||Vladimir Zederbaum|
|Written by||Georges Berr |
Xavier de Montépin (novel)
|Starring||Germaine Dermoz |
|Music by||Jacques Belasco|
|Cinematography||Jacques Mercanton |
Harry Stradling Sr.
|Edited by||Jacques Desagneaux|
|24 March 1934|
The film's sets were designed by Eugène Lourié.
- Germaine Dermoz as Jeanne Fortier
- Jacques Grétillat as Garaud
- Simone Bourday as Louise
- Fernandel as Billenbuis
- Mona Goya as Mary
- Madeleine Guitty as Rose
- Jeanne Marie-Laurent as Madame Darrier
- François Rozet as Lucien Labroue
- Samson Fainsilber as Castel
- Roger Dann as Georges Darrier
- Georges Paulais as L'avocat général
- Paul Clerget as L'abbé Laugier
- Alexandre Dréan as Cricri
- Daniel Mendaille as Soliveau
- Claude Borelli as Un petit garçon
- Goble p.913
- Goble, Alan. The Complete Index to Literary Sources in Film. Walter de Gruyter, 1999.