The Brazen Beauty
|The Brazen Beauty|
|Directed by||Tod Browning|
|Written by||William E. Wing|
|Distributed by||Universal Film Manufacturing Company|
|Language||Silent (English intertitles)|
- Priscilla Dean as Jacala Auehli
- Gertrude Astor as Mrs. Augusta Van Ruysdael
- Thurston Hall as Kenneth Hyde
- Katherine Griffith as Aunt Ellen
- Alice Wilson as Kate Dewey
- Leo White as Tony Dewey
- Hans Unterkircher as Bruce Edwards (credited as Thornton Church)
- Rex De Rosselli
- Edith Roberts as Undetermined Role (uncredited) (unconfirmed)
Like many American films of the time, The Brazen Beauty was subject to cuts by city and state film censorship boards. For example, the Chicago Board of Censors required, in Reel 4, cuts of two scenes and the flashing of three scenes of a young woman in a boat where her gown was considered indecently low.
- "Progressive Silent Film List: The Brazen Beauty". silentera.com. Retrieved May 5, 2008.
- "Official Cut-Outs by the Chicago Board of Censors". Exhibitors Herald. New York City: Exhibitors Herald Company. 7 (16): 48. October 12, 1918.