The Birmingham Theatre School
The school was founded by Sir Barry Jackson in the theatre that he built, namely the Old Rep Theatre, which was also the first repertory theatre in the world. The school now has over 250 students on a variety of full and part-time. In 1942, Sir Barry Jackson appointed Mary Richards, with whom he had previously worked as an actress, to take over as principal of the drama school. In 1990, Chris Rozanski was appointed principal.
The school has since relocated to Moseley and is no longer based at the Old Rep Theatre.
Admission into the school is based on an audition and selection process. Successful applicants are notified in writing if they have been accepted into the school.