The Big Shot (1931 film)
The Big Shot is a 1931 American pre-Code comedy film directed by Ralph Murphy and written by Earl Baldwin, Hal Conklin, George Dromgold, and Joseph Fields. The film stars Eddie Quillan, Maureen O'Sullivan, Mary Nolan, Roscoe Ates and Belle Bennett. The film was released on December 18, 1931, by RKO Pictures.
|The Big Shot|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Ralph Murphy|
|Produced by||Harry Joe Brown|
|Written by||Earl Baldwin|
|Music by||Arthur Lange|
|Cinematography||Arthur C. Miller|
|Edited by||Charles Craft|
|Distributed by||RKO Pictures|
A rash go-getter is duped by would-be swindlers into buying swamp land which turns out to be worth a fortune.
- Eddie Quillan as Ray Smith
- Maureen O'Sullivan as Doris Thompson
- Mary Nolan as Fay Turner
- Roscoe Ates as Rusty, the Barber
- Belle Bennett as Mrs. Isabel Thompson
- Arthur Stone as Old Timer
- Louis John Bartels as Mr. Howell
- Otis Harlan as Doctor Peaslee
- William Eugene as Jack Spencer
- Edward McWade as Uncle Ira
- Harvey Clark as Mr. Hartman
- "The Big Shot (1931) - Overview". Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved September 9, 2014.
- "Movie Review-The Big Shot - Fredric March in a Splendidly Produced Pictorial Version of "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde"". Retrieved September 9, 2014.
- "The Big Shot Trailer, Reviews and Schedule for The Big Shot". TV Guide. Retrieved September 9, 2014.