The Big Noise (1936 American film)
|The Big Noise|
|Directed by||Frank McDonald|
|Produced by||Hal B. Wallis|
Jack L. Warner
|Story by||Edmund L. Hartmann|
|Music by||Heinz Roemheld|
|Cinematography||L. William O'Connell|
|Edited by||Terry O. Morse|
Julius Trent being unable to adopt new technology retires from his position as president of a textile company. He then goes into partnership with Ken Mitchell in a dry cleaning venture. His daughter Betty becomes romantically involved with his partner. A group of racketeers attempt to extort money from him so he attempts to singlehandedly run them out of town.
- Guy Kibbee as Julius Trent
- Warren Hull as Ken Mitchell
- Alma Lloyd as Betty Trent
- Dick Foran as Don Andrews
- Marie Wilson as Daisy
- Henry O'Neill as Charlie Caldwell
- Olin Howland as Harrison
- Virginia Brissac as Mrs. Trent
- William Davidson as Welford Andrews
- Andre Berenger as Mr. Rosewater
- Robert Emmett Keane as Mr. Aldrich
- Eddie Shubert as Machine Gun Nolan
- "The Big Noise". Turner Classic Movies. Atlanta: Turner Broadcasting System (Time Warner). Retrieved September 19, 2016.
- "The Big Noise (1936)". BFI. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- Hischak 2015, p. 560.
- The Press Volume LXXII, Issue 21969, 18 December 1936 Page 1 Advertisements Column 3
- Blottner 2011, p. 158.
- T.M.P. (July 4, 1936). "Movies, The Big Noise (1936)". The New York Times. New York City: The New York Times Company. Retrieved September 19, 2016.