The Art of Shaving
The Art of Shaving is a United States retail business of high-end men's shaving and skin care accessories. The first store was founded by Eric Malka and Myriam Zaoui in Manhattan in 1996.
|Parent||Procter & Gamble |
The store was successful and opened a second shop on Madison Avenue. The brand developed a line of natural shaving products. The company operates 17 stores across the United States. 10 new stores were opened in 2007. As of 2019, the company operates over 140 stores in the United States, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, and Russia.
The company entered a partnership with razor company Gillette with some The Art of Shaving franchises owned by Gillette.
Procter & Gamble purchased The Art of Shaving in 2009.
- Harry Hunt III (2005-11-05). "The Kind of Shave You Can't Get at Home". The New York Times. Retrieved 2011-04-24.
- "The Art of Shaving - History". Archived from the original on 2008-08-02. Retrieved 2008-12-27.
- "The Art of Shaving - Shops". Retrieved 2008-12-27.
- Laban, Linda (2008-03-27). "Looking good, dude, head to toe". Boston Globe. Retrieved 2008-12-27.
- "P&G buys high-end brand The Art of Shaving". Reuters. 2009-06-03. Retrieved 2018-08-16.
- Newman, Andrew Adam (17 November 2010). "Art of Shaving Promoted as a Brotherhood Brand". The New York Times. Retrieved 2018-08-16.