Tere Liye (TV series)
Tere Liye (transl. For You) is an Indian television drama series that was broadcast on STAR Plus from 14 June 2010, to 2 April 2011. The series was produced by Ekta Kapoor and Shobha Kapoor under their banner Balaji Telefilms. The series stars Harshad Chopda and Anupriya Kapoor. The series ended abruptly due to issues between channel and production house.
|Screenplay by||R M Joshi|
|Story by||R M Joshi|
|Opening theme||Tere Liye by Kailash Kher and Himani Kapoor|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||212|
|Running time||24 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Balaji Telefilms|
|Original network||Star Plus|
|Original release||14 June 2010 –|
2 April 2011
Teenagers named Taani and Anurag studied in the same school and were buddies since childhood. Meanwhile, Anurag's father, Shekhar and Taani's father, Bimlendu were also best friends. Bimlendu had cancer and was worried about Taani's future after his death. To reassure Bimlendu, Shekhar gets Anurag married to Taani in a private ceremony, promising a public announcement when they grow older. Uncomfortable at first, they slowly start falling for each other. But after the death of Bimlendu the couple is separated for eight years.
8 years later
Taani is still in love with Anurag whereas Anurag now loves his mentor's daughter, Nupur. He feels guilty about Taani and finds her with his friend, Sushant. Anurag-Nupur and Taani-Sushant's engagements are scheduled for the same day, but owing to fate, Sushant leaves Taani, dubious of her feelings for Anurag. On the other hand, Nupur also leaves Anurag for a modelling assignment abroad. To save their families, they get engaged and decide to carry on the charade.
Meanwhile, Taani finds out about Ritesh's intentions but Ananya does not believe her and throws her out. Anurag defends her and walks out to establish himself independent of Shekhar's name. Taani helps him get several opportunities and Anurag gradually realises he loves her. Noticing this, Ananya makes Anurag believe Taani loves her childhood friend, Subodh. So, Anurag banishes her. Saddened, Taani thinks Anurag still loves Nupur and goes to convince her to return. Anurag gets to know about Taani helping him to find work and bringing back Nupur, and vows to woo her again. When he succeeds, Nupur suddenly returns and threatens suicide before Anurag accepts her in urgency, though he still loves Taani. Finally, in a family function, Anurag declares his love for Taani and proposes to her.
Also, Shekhar's younger son, Robindo reveals he loves their friend, Mauli, who is in love with Taani's brother, Taposh and manages to make her agree for marriage before she finds out about his illegitimate child and gets married to Taposh, leaving Robindo heartbroken. It then turns out Ritesh has been cheating on Ananya with an illicit worker, Gulabo. Taani and Anurag reveal this to Ananya who is shattered and meets a fatal accident. She hands over her two children to Taani. When Ritesh falsely accuses Anurag of Gulabo's murder and blackmails Taani into marrying him, Anurag interrupts and finally gets him arrested. Eventually Anurag and Taani gets married. Robindo marries Jonaki, Mauli's sister, as payback, and later also frames Taposh for a gas leak accident before surrendering due to his love for Mauli.
Following this, Anurag and Taani have a happy married life, before Ananya's daughter dies in an accident and Taani succumbs to depression. Anurag plans to take Taani to the US but is almost killed by Ritesh on the way. The family thinks he is dead, but a pregnant Taani refuses to believe so.
After he recovers, Anurag comes back only to see Sushant taking care of pregnant Taani. He misinterprets the situation and leaves to retire to a mental asylum. Years later, Taani finds him and he returns home, to be with her again. He also finds out he has a daughter with Taani, and the two finally unite.
- Neha Saxena as Mauli Banerjee; Taposh's wife, Robindo's ex-love interest (2010–11)
- Shakti Arora as Taposh Banerjee; Mauli's husband, Bimlendu & Laboni's son, Taani's elder brother (2010–11)
- Rajat Tokas as Robindo Ganguly; Shekhar & Nilanjana's younger son, Ananya & Anurag's younger brother, Jonaki's husband (2010–11)
- Ruchi Savarn as Jonaki Ganguly; Mauli's twin sister, Robindo's wife (2010–11)
- Neha Janpandit/Reshmi Ghosh as Nupur Basu; Ritesh's sister, Anurag's ex-fiancèe (2010–11)
- Kali Prasad Mukherjee as Shekhar Ganguly; Nilanjana's husband, Ananya, Anurag & Robindo's father (2010–11)
- Geetanjali Tikekar as Nilanjana Ganguly; Shekhar's wife, Ananya, Anurag & Robindo's mother (2010–11)
- Supriya Shukla as Laboni Kaur Banerjee; Bimlendu's wife, Taposh & Taani's mother (2010–11)
- Virendra Singh as Bimlendu Banerjee; Laboni's husband, Taposh & Taani's father (2010), Dead
- Garima Bhatnagar as Ananya Ganguly; Ritesh's wife, Shekhar & Nilanjana's daughter, Anurag & Robindo's elder sister (2010–11), Dead
- Nikhil Arya as Ritesh Basu; Ananya's husband (2010–11), Dead
- Aadesh Chaudhary as Subodh; Taani & Anurag's school friend (2010)
- Anurag Sharma as Sushant; Anurag's friend, Taani's ex-fiancé (2010, 2011)
- Rithvik Dhanjani as Partho; Anurag's friend (2010)
- Sangeeta Kapure as Gulabo; Ritesh's mistress (2010)
- Prachi Deshmukh as Teenage Taani (2010)
- Devarsh Thakkar as Teenage Anurag (2010)
- Meghan Jadhav as Teenage Subodh (2010)
- Kritika Sharma as Teenage Mauli (2010)
|2010||Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Title Song||Kailash Kher|
|Gr8! Performer Of The Year (Male)||Harshad Chopda|
|Indian Telly Awards||Best Title Song||Kailash Kher|
|Best Fresh New Face (Female)||Anupriya Kapoor|
|Best Actor (Popular)||Harshad Chopda|
|2011||Gold Awards||Best Director (Jury)||Ravindra Gautam|
|Highest Voted Actor (Female)||Reshmi Ghosh|
|Show Ruling TRP Charts Of The Year||Ekta Kapoor|
- "Ekta Kapoor with star cast Harshad Chopda and Aditi Singh during the launch of her new series 'Tere Liye' to be telecasted on Star Plus TV channel, at JW Marriott hotel in Mumbai - Photogallery". M.photogallery.navbharattimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 18 June 2019.
- "Ekta bitten by numerology bug again". Mid-day. 2 June 2010.
- "The latest offering from TV's soap queen". Rediff.
- Glamsham. "Ekta Kapoor at Tere Liye serial launch - Photo 12". Glamsham.
- "Ekta Kapoor loves Kolkata and its people". News18.
- Sharma, Ankur (14 June 2010). "एकता कपूर की कहानी है 'तेरे लिए'". hindi.filmibeat.com.
- "'Tere Liye' in for an abrupt end". dailybhaskar. 3 March 2011.
- "The Tenth Indian Telly Awards". Tellyawards.indiantelevision.com. Retrieved 18 June 2019.
- "2011 - GOLD AWARDS". Goldawards.weebly.com. Retrieved 18 June 2019.