Henry Edwin Arthur "Ted" Holdsworth (26 January 1917 – 23 September 1984) was an Australian rules footballer who was highly successful in the West Australian National Football League (WANFL) playing for the Swan Districts Football Club.
|Full name||Henry Edwin Arthur Holdsworth|
|Date of birth||26 January 1917|
|Date of death||23 September 1984 67)(aged|
|Position(s)||Full forward, full-back|
|1935–38, 1940–41, 1945–47||Swan Districts||143 (532)|
|Representative team honours|
|1952||Swan Districts||20 (2–18–0)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 1947.
2 State and international statistics correct as of 1946.
3 Coaching statistics correct as of 1952.
A fine full forward who was a strong overhead mark and a very accurate kick Holdsworth topped the top goal kicker list at Swan Districts during his career. In 1937 and 1938 he kicked 109 and 116 goals respectively yet never topped the WANFL goal kickers list.
Undoubtedly Holdsworth would have kicked even more goals if he were part of a more successful team and had not been called to play in defence to prevent other sides from kicking higher totals against the struggling Swans.
Retiring as a player in 1947, Holdsworth had played 143 games for the club and booted 532 goals the second-most of any Swans player after Eric Gorman. He went on to coach Swan Districts in 1952 and later became vice president of the club. He is named in the Swan Districts Team of the Century at full forward. His grandson, Ryan Turnbull, later played senior football for Claremont, East Perth, and the West Coast Eagles.
- "Ted Holdsworth (Swan Districts)". wafl.com.au. Retrieved 25 June 2015.
- "Ted Holdsworth: Goal Kicking Champion". Archived from the original on 22 August 2007. Retrieved 18 December 2013.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "Full Points Footy – Ted Holdsworth". 2007. Archived from the original on 7 June 2011. Retrieved 29 September 2007.
- "WAFL History – WA State Teams 1904–1950". 2007. Retrieved 29 September 2007.
- Ted Holdsworth player profile page at WAFL FootyFacts