Tecnica Group is a sportswear manufacturer from Giavera del Montello, Treviso, Italy. Tecnica Group brands include Tecnica, Nordica, Moon Boot, Rollerblade, Lowa, and Blizzard Sport. The Group covers the sport fields of Alpine Ski, Lifestyle, Outdoor Sports, and gliding Sports.
|Industry||Snowsports, sportswear, clothing|
|Founder||Giancarlo Zanatta |
Tecnica Group was established in the ‘60s. Over the years many brands have become part of the Group and nowadays it covers various product categories, specifically skiboots, skis, outdoor and footwear, apparel and accessories, and skates.
The Group finds its roots in the Tecnica brand, as the Group is controlled by the Tecnica founder Giancarlo Zanatta and his son Alberto.
The “Calzaturificio Tecnica Spa” born on 1960 focusing its activity on work-boots production. In 1970, Tecnica launched the first Moon Boot.
On 1985 Tecnica diversified its production in the outdoor market.
In 1993 Tecnica takes over Lowa, the most prestigious German company in the outdoor footwear market. For the first time, an Italian company acquires a top-level German company in this field.
In those years the company starts to build a Group identity, covering different sports fields and controlling an international market scenario.
With the acquisition of Dolomite (the world’s oldest existing mountain equipment brand), Tecnica Group becomes the 3rd Group in the winter sporting goods market (1998). Actually the brand, sold in 2015, is not part of the Group anymore.
Tecnica Group decides to expand its market in the gliding sports area in 2003, taking over the Rollerblade brand, which is the most important in-line skates reality, inventor of the category and worldwide synonymous of the whole sport for millions of fans.
To strengthen the leadership in the international wintersports market, Tecnica Group acquired Blizzard in 2006, the historic Austrian ski brand.
- "Blizzard geht an italienische Tecnica". Der Standard. 17 November 2006. Retrieved 24 January 2012.
- "Benetton Agrees to Sell Nordica Ski Unit". The Beaumont Enterprise. 10 January 2003. Retrieved 24 January 2012.
- Taroni, Micaela (4 May 2011). "Der "Moonboot" kommt künftig aus der Ukraine". WirtschaftsBlatt. Archived from the original on 20 August 2011. Retrieved 24 January 2012.
- "Rollerblade: Good things come to those who skate". Philadelphia Inquirer. 18 July 2005. p. C11. Retrieved 24 January 2012.
- "Zwei Millionen Paar Schuhe verkauft". Merkur. 23 June 2011. Retrieved 24 January 2012.