Technical and Industrial Cultural Heritage in Norway
Technical and Industrial Cultural Heritage in Norway encompasses discontinued industrial and other facilities with great historical and architectural value. It is one of the ten conservation programs for the Norwegian Directorate for Cultural Heritage, which seeks to refurbish and preserve a representative range of facilities linked to Norway's most important industrial routes, which has had a significant impact on local business history.
Directorate for Cultural Heritage priority list
- Atlungstad Distillery
- Bredalsholmen Shipyards
- Fetsund Booms
- Folldal Mines
- Halden Canal
- Kistefos Wood Pulp Mill
- Klevfos Cellulose and Paper Factory
- Neptune Herring Oil Factory
- Næs Ironworks
- Odda Smelting Plant
- Rjukan Line
- Salhus Knitting Mill
- Sjølingstad Woolen Mill
- Spillum Sawmill and Planing
- Tyssedal Hydroelectric Power Station
- "Framtid med fotfeste—Kulturminnepolitikken". Regjeringen.no. Retrieved September 19, 2018.
- "Bevaringsprogrammet for tekniske og industrielle kulturminner". Riksantikvaren. Retrieved September 19, 2018.
- Protection Program for Technical and Industrial Cultural Heritage at the Norwegian Directorate for Cultural Heritage website
- Technical and Industrial Cultural Heritage at the Norwegian Environment Agency website