Tchaikovsky (Russian: Чайковский) is a 1970 Soviet biopic film directed by Igor Talankin. It featured Innokenty Smoktunovsky in the role of the famous Russian composer Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky. It was nominated for the 1971 Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film as well as the Academy Award for Original Song Score and Adaptation.
Original Russian film poster
|Directed by||Igor Talankin|
|Written by||Budimir Metalnikov|
|Music by||Dimitri Tiomkin|
- Innokenty Smoktunovsky as Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- Antonina Shuranova as Nadezhda von Meck
- Kirill Lavrov as Władysław Pachulski
- Vladislav Strzhelchik as Nikolai Rubinstein
- Yevgeny Leonov as Aliosha
- Maya Plisetskaya as Désirée Artôt
- Bruno Freindlich as Ivan Turgenev
- Alla Demidova as Yulia von Meck
- Yevgeniy Yevstigneyev as Herman Laroche
- Laurence Harvey as Narrator (English version)
- "The 44th Academy Awards (1972) Nominees and Winners". oscars.org. Retrieved 2011-11-27.