Tauqeer Nasir (Urdu: توقیر ناصر) is a veteran actor from Pakistan. He served as Director General (DG) of Pakistan National Council of Arts (PNCA) for the period of 2 years. He started his career in 1978 with Pakistan Television Corporation.
|Education||Masters in Mass Communications, University of the Punjab|
|Occupation||Actor, presenter, former dg of Pakistan National Council of the Arts|
|Organization||Pakistan Television Corporation, Pakistan National Council of Arts|
|Known for||Serious Role|
|Awards||Government of Pakistan|
Early life and education
He got his early schooling from D.G Khan and Multan. Later he joined the Mass Communication Department of the Punjab University and did his masters in 1981. But journalism was not to his liking at the time as the army uniform used to fascinate him. "The army khaki always attracted me. So joining the army was my dream. I did try to translate my dream into a reality but to no avail," he states animatedly.
Asif was his teacher. he took the audition and luckily I was later selected for the main role of that serial. I was to perform the role of a son while the late Saleem Nasir played the role of my father.
He performed wonderfully in Rahain, Panah, Aik Haqeeqat Aik Afsana, Samundar, Dehleez, Dard Aur Darman and of course, Parwaz. However, initially he considered acting as only a hobby. "At first it was only a hobby for me. And gradually it became a passion for me," he describes.
The period from 1975 to 1990 is in his view the "golden period" of PTV as everyone used to put in a great effort to produce something special. But he is not very disappointed about the present state of affairs of PTV, as he still believes that it is producing standard stuff. He prefers softness in addition to melody in music. He has developed an ear for music icons such as Mehdi Hasan, Lata, Noor Jehan, Ghulam Ali, Nusrat Fateh Ali, and also Fareeda Khanum.
- Sona Chandi
- Landa Bazar as Yawar Kamal
- Raahain as Jura Bhatti ptv drama serial
- Reza Reza
- Aik Haqeeqat Aik Afsana
- Dard Aur Darman
- Kanch Ka Pul
- Kaun STN Drama – Psycho Thriller (Appeared in Last Epi)
- Matay Ghurub
- Seen Aba Seen Aba Achoo Achoo Mehran
- Yaad Piya Ki Aye
- A Rented Child (Maa Aur
- Khamoshi as Sabir
- Laal Ishq (TV series) (sequel of Landa Bazar) as Yawar Kamal
- Namak as Nawab Sikandar Hayat
- "Shan-e-Muzaffargarh marks 225 years of Muzaffargarh District in grand style". The Nation. 3 September 2019. Retrieved 13 September 2019.
- Tauqeer Nasir MAG. Retrieved 16 February 2011
- Tauqeer Nasir appointed as PNCA DG Nation. 2 August 2009. Retrieved 16 February 2011
- Details of Tauqeer Nasir Archived 7 October 2011 at the Wayback Machine Pakistan Herald. Retrieved 16 February 2011
- , Carrier of Tauqeer Nasir.