Tarzan's Secret Treasure
Tarzan's Secret Treasure is a 1941 Tarzan film directed by Richard Thorpe. Based on the character created by Edgar Rice Burroughs, it is the fifth in the MGM Tarzan series to star Johnny Weissmuller and Maureen O'Sullivan. Original prints of the film were processed in sepiatone.
|Tarzan's Secret Treasure|
|Directed by||Richard Thorpe|
|Produced by||B.P. Fineman|
|Screenplay by||Myles Connolly|
|Based on||Characters created|
by Edgar Rice Burroughs
|Music by||David Snell|
|Cinematography||Clyde De Vinna|
|Edited by||Gene Ruggiero|
|Distributed by||Loew's Inc.|
Unidentified African language
The next film in the series would be Tarzan's New York Adventure (1942), the last in the series to feature Maureen O'Sullivan, and the last before the series moved to RKO.
An expedition team arrives on Tarzan's escarpment. By chance, the two villainous members Medford (Tom Conway) and Vandermeer (Philip Dorn) find out that there is plenty of gold on the escarpment. They kidnap Jane and Boy in order to make Tarzan show them the location of the gold. After Tarzan complies, Medford shoots him and mistakenly presumes he is dead. Soon the group is captured by natives, whereupon Tarzan, comes to their rescue.
- Johnny Weissmuller as Tarzan
- Maureen O'Sullivan as Jane Parker
- Johnny Sheffield as Boy (as John Sheffield)
- Reginald Owen as Professor Elliott
- Barry Fitzgerald as O'Doul
- Tom Conway as Medford
- Philip Dorn as Vandermeer
- Cordell Hickman as Tumbo
- Johnny Eck as Bird (uncredited)
- Martin Wilkins as M'Hona (uncredited)
- P. Nochimson, Martha (July 5, 2010). Screen Couple Chemistry: The Power of 2. University of Texas Press. p. 336. ISBN 978-0292788008.
- Griffin, Scott Tracy (August 2, 2016). Tarzan on film. Titan Books. p. 66. ISBN 978-0857685681.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tarzan's Secret Treasure.|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Tarzan's Secret Treasure|