Tara From Satara
Tara From Satara (Hindi: तारा फ्रॉम सातारा) is an Indian family drama television series. that premiered on 19 August 2019 on Sony Entertainment Television. Produced by Ranjeet Thakur and Hemant Ruprell, it stars Roshni Walia in the lead role.
|Tara From Satara|
|Created by||Ranjeet Thakur |
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||85|
|Producer(s)||Ranjeet Thakur |
|Production location(s)||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Running time||20 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Frames Production |
Idea Track Private Limited
|Original network||Sony Entertainment Television|
|Original release||19 August 2019 –|
‘Tara from Satara' revolves around the story of two sisters - Tara Mane and her elder sister Radhika Mane. The two sisters love to dance and are very fond of it too, the only difference being- Radhika does classical Kathak dance whereas Tara likes to do Bollywood moves.
Radhika learns Kathak from her father Sachin Mane, a well trained classical dancer, who at present dislikes Bollywood dance, but in his past, he was part of the Bollywood Showbiz. He went to fullfil his dream in Mumbai but was unable to do so. This regret in him made him dislike ‘Bollywood' and totally against people who dances on Bollywood numbers or listen to Bollywood music in his home or his neighbourhood.
Tara, who is very fond of Bollywood music & fan of MK (a Bollywood artist), is not good in studies and is seen dancing to Bollywood music, which irks his father. Her failing grades and inconsistently makes Tara doubt herself and in this process tries to quit dancing for the sake of studies, but in vain. Tara is only supported by her Aaji, her paternal grandmother, who has full faith in her grand-daughter and thinks that one day Tara will shine like a star and show everyone and be the pride of her father, much unlike her present situation.
Tara gets selected in a local audition in a Dance Reality show called "Dancer No.1". She gets selected for the mega audition in Mumbai and awarded a pass(yellow card) but since it involves Bollywood and Showbiz, her father gets angry and in this process she is forced to hide the fact that she was the one who was selected. Her elder sister Radhika takes the blame and the yellow card. But as Radhika was a responsible child of her father, he consoles himself although he rejects the yellow card and throws it away (but Tara finds it and preserves it).
One day, in a local competition, the footfall of Radhika and her team dips, while it aggressively increases for a team owned by Rægo, a dance trainer who practise Bollywood. This insult, along with the increasing poverty, the fear of getting his dance academy closed, makes Sachin Mane change his decision and send his daughter to Dancer No. 1, although he orders her daughter Radhika to strictly perform Kathak and other Indian classical dance forms and stay away from Bollywood & it's Showbiz.
Tara & her entire family except her parents accompany Radhika to Mumbai, where they meet Arjun, a dancer & part time mechanic who is also a participant. Arjun is seen helping Tara and her family in various occassions. As the show progresses, luck tries to take Tara towards the stage yet she fails to capitalise. She is appointed as an intern in Dancer No.1 and she takes care of the normal stuffs regarding the participants of the show. Lots of twists and turns happens which tries to take her close to her dreams of becoming a dancer and dancing on the big stage.in one episode Radhika insists to do a Bollywood dance after her kathak dance gets less views than gurpreet’s Bollywood dance.on the day of her dance,sachin,her father, brings anklets expecting she will do a kathak dance.when Radhika sees Sachin while dancing she freezes on stage and therefore gets eliminated.
Will she be successful in her dance? Will her father regain his lost glory? Will Radhika get fame and makes her father proud with her Kathak dance? Will Tara be able to fulfill her wish to become a dancer? This answer awaits as the story reveals with each episode.
- Sheezan Mohd as Arjun Priya
- Ashwini Koul as Rahul Ahuja
- Shazil Khan as Amukh Bhedane, Tara's best friend
- Sudha Chandran as Srilekha, Judge in a show
- Sonu pathak ance master
- Arjun Singh Shekhawat as Ankit
- Eva Shirali as Sarita Mane, Tara's mother
- Amita Khopkar as Ajji, Tara's grandmother, Sachin and Varun's mother
- Ashish Gokhale as Varun Mane, Sachin's younger brother
- Saii Ranade Sane as Chinu Mane, Varun's wife
- Wahib Kapadia as Rohan Mane, Varun and Chinu's son
- Bhavya Sachdeva as Abhay, Radhika's boyfriend
- Agustya Chandra as Alen
- Khushboo Purohit as Gurpreet
- Aman Gandhi as Samar; Gurpreet's Boyfriend
- Jeff kinney as Judge in a competition
- "Roshni Walia opts for a no-makeup look in Tara from Satara". The Times of India. 30 June 2019. Retrieved 19 August 2019.
- "I'm a foodie like my on-screen character Tara: Roshni Walia". Zee News. 14 August 2019. Retrieved 17 August 2019.
- "13 किलोग्राम के घुंघरू बांध उर्वशी ने की शूटिंग, पैरों की हो गई ऐसी हालत". www.patrika.com. Retrieved 17 August 2019.
- "National Award winner Upendra Limaye to make Hindi television debut in Tara From Satara". www.timesnownews.com. Retrieved 17 August 2019.
- "I prefer roles that challenge me: Upendra Limaye". Hindustan Times. 5 July 2019. Retrieved 17 August 2019.
- "Amita Khopkar plays trendy grandmom in TV show - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 17 August 2019.
- "Dr Ashish Gokhale To Be Seen In A New Avatar In Tara From Satara - Bollyy". Dailyhunt. Retrieved 17 August 2019.
- "Agustya Chandra in Sony TV's Tara From Satara". IWMBuzz. 12 July 2019. Retrieved 17 August 2019.