The Most Reverend
|Archbishop of Turku|
|Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland|
|Installed||1 June 2018|
|Consecration||1 February 2012|
by Kari Mäkinen
|Born||June 15, 1962|
Born in Kurikka, Luoma was ordained priest in 1987. He acquired a doctorate in theology in 1999 with his dissertation concerning the relationship between theology and natural sciences. He has worked as a chaplain in Peräseinäjoki between 1987 and 1998, and in Ilmajoki between 1998 and 2002. In 2002 he moved to Seinäjoki as parish priest. He also served as Broadcaster of the Broadcasting Corporation between 1986 and 1987. On 1 February 2012, he was consecrated as bishop of Espoo by Archbishop Kari Mäkinen and installed as bishop on February 12 in Espoo Cathedral. He was elected the Archbishop of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland on 1 March 2018 and replaced the current Archbishop Kari Mäkinen upon his retirement in June.
Luoma is considered more conservative in his views than his predecessor Archbishop Kari Mäkinen. Luoma opposes church wedding for same-sex couples and holds that marriage is only between a man and a woman. "While Luoma does not support marrying gay couples in the church, he says he will stand behind any decision that the Church makes in the matter."
- "Tulokset haulla Tapio Luoma". Retrieved on 20 August 2017.
- "Piispa Tapio Luoma", Diocese of Espoo. Retrieved on 20 August 2017.
- Yle - Tapio Luoma elected new Archbishop
- Uusi Suomi - Konservatiivisempi Tapio Luoma on uusi arkkipiispa – torjuu homoliitot
- "Tapio Luoma elected new Archbishop". Yle Uutiset. Retrieved 2018-03-18.
| Archbishop of Turku and Finland
2018 – present