Tantra (TV series)
Tantra (Black Magic) is an Indian Hindi language supernatural television series based on black magic which aired from 3 December 2018 to 5 April 2019 on Colors TV. Produced by Siddharth Kumar Tewary under Swastik Productions, it starred Sargun Kaur Luthra, Juhi Parmar, Manish Goel and Sameksha.
|Created by||Swastik Productions|
|Based on||Black Magic|
|Directed by||Rajesh Ranshinge|
|Creative director(s)||Rajesh Ranshinge|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||91|
|Producer(s)||Siddharth Kumar Tewary|
|Running time||20 Minutes|
|Production company(s)||Swastik Productions|
|Original network||Colors TV|
|Original release||3 December 2018 –|
5 April 2019
Tantra is the story of a family which has fallen prey to the clutches of an evil incantation. The Khannas are an affluent family who move into their dream home 'Jalsa' but become unfortunate victims of the gruesome practice of tantra. The antagonist is the House itself whose haunting effects make the place unliveable and a nightmare for its inhabitants. Niyati, the beautiful and brave daughter of the Khanna family emerges as the one who can fight against the evil and protect her family from the witchcraft.
Niyati and her family move in to 'Jalsa' and on their first night in the house, Niyati's brother Nirvan is attacked by the tantra and almost killed, only to be saved by Niyati. Niyati notices that the wires which were choking Nirvaan were moving on their own leading to her suspision that something is wrong. Her mother, Sumati, refuses to believe her and instead blames her for not paying attention to Nirvaan. Soon, an old lady staying in the house opposite to Jalsa, is killed as she knew about the black magic inhabiting the house. Niyati and her childhood friend, Akshat, investigate and begin to suspect Kanchan, a waitress they had seen at a party. Kanchan recalls having seen Saudamini at the same party. When she tries testifying against Saudamini, she and Akshat are abducted by Saudamini and saved in the nick of time by Niyati. The goons who kidnapped them mysteriously commit suicide without revealing who was giving them orders.
Niyati witnesses a house maid being dragged by supernatural forces into a wall. Terrified by the sight, Niyati tries to convince her parents about the mysterious occurrences in the house. Nirvaan begins dating a mysterious girl named Nisha who is later revealed to be Saudamini's daughter. Saudamini casts a spell upon the family members except Niyati which makes them believe that Nirvaan and Nisha are getting married in a couple of days. In a baffling plot twist, it is revealed that Kanchan is actually working with Saudamini and helping her in her evil plans and that Nisha is posing as Saudamini's daughter because her parents are being held captive by Saudamini. During a party at Jalsa, Nirvaan is put under a spell by Saudamini and Kanchan which causes him to misbehave with Nisha following which she reveals to Prithvi and the family that Nirvaan tried to harass her. While Prithvi questions Nirvaan's actions, Niyati supports her brother and lashes out at Nisha and Saudamini accusing Nisha of falsely framing Nirvaan.
Nisha breaks up with Nirvaan on Saudamini's orders. Nirvaan, who is still under the spell, behaves violently, blames Niyati for the break-up and commits suicide under the spell's influence. Niyati, who was following Saudamini and Nisha to uncover their secret, loses track of them in a forest and comes across a priest who tells her that her house is controlled by evil forces. She rushes home to inform her parents only to find Nirvaan has committed suicide. She is grief-stricken and tries to convince the devastated family of the rituals going on in her house only to be rejected and slapped by an inconsolable Sumati who blames Niyati and reveals that she is adopted. It is later revealed that Niyati is Kanchan's sister and Saudamini's niece. Saudamini's sister's husband had committed suicide due to Prithvi and Saudamini wants to avenge her sister becoming a widow by ruiningthe Khannas.
Niyati chooses to support Prithvi and along with Akshat, who she later marries, they vow to stand up against the evil forces and protect them from the looming dangers of black magic.
- Sargun Kaur Luthra as Niyati Khanna
- Juhi Parmar as Sumati Khanna, Niyati's adoptive mother and Nirvaan's biological mother
- Manish Goel as Prithvi Khanna, Niyati's adopted father and Nirvaan's biological father
- Sameksha as Saudamini
- Kanan Malhotra as Nirvaan Khanna, Sumati and Prithvi's son
- Gautam Vig as Akshat, Niyati's friend who later marries her
- Amandeep Sidhu as Kanchan Khanna, Saudamini's daughter
- Hiten Tejwani as Inspector Bharat Singh Rathore
- Rohit Khurana as Dr. Daksh Mehra
- Harsh Vashisht as Ashutosh
- Munisha Khatwani as Munisha
- Farida Dadi as Prithvi's mother
- Nayan Bhatt as Sumati's mother
- Gauri Tonk as Sunaina Khanna
- Gurpreet Singh as Pratap Khanna
- Garima Jain as Nisha, Niyati's sister
- Ved Thappar as Aghori Baba
- Sujay Reu as Kartik
- Vaidehi Nair as Mansi
- Meghan Jadhav as Parth
- Monika Shilpkar as Geeta
- "Colors Launches A New Supernatural Show 'Tantra'". Mumbai Live. Retrieved 9 July 2019.
- "Juhi Parmar: Not promoting superstition with Tantra". Indian Express. 3 December 2018.
- "Siddharth Kumar Tewary Launches 'Tantra,' a Supernatural Thriller on black magic". India West. Retrieved 9 July 2019.
- "Juhi Parmar Returns to tv with Debut in Supernatural genre". Biz Asia. 27 September 2018.
- "Juhi Parmar has no qualms about playing mom on-screen". India Today. 25 November 2018.
- "A magical Comeback for Juhi Parmar". Catch News. 23 November 2018.
- "EXCLUSIVE! 'Not just black magic', Tantra actor Manish Goel says the show is more of a social drama". Bollywood Life. 31 October 2018.
- "After Porus, Sameksha is all set to play negative role in Tantra". India Today. 27 November 2018.
- "Tantra is a fusion of family and supernatural: Kanan Malhotra". IWM Buzz. 4 December 2018.
- "Gautam Vig to play the male lead on 'Tantra'". Times of India. 16 November 2018.
- "Hiten Tejwani turns cop for Colors' Tantra". IWM Buzz. 12 December 2018.
- "Rohit Khurana to join 'Tantra'". Times of India. 18 February 2019.
- "I am very similar to my fun-loving Tantra character in real life: Munisha Khatwani". IWM Buzz. 7 December 2018.
- "'Shakti' actress Garima Jain joins the cast of 'Tantra'". Times of India. 20 December 2018.
- "Dr. Ved Thapar to turn 'guruji' for Colors' Tantra". IWM Buzz. 22 January 2019.