Tambora is a subdistrict of West Jakarta, Indonesia. Tambora Subdistrict is bounded by a railway to the west and to the north, Kali Krukut - Kali Besar canal to the east, and Duri Selatan Road to the south.
The Roa Malaka Administrative Village of the Tambora Subdistrict contains the southwestern area of Jakarta Old Town, the area on the west side of Kali Besar Canal. The area of Jakarta Old Town that was located within Tambora are generally residential areas. Notable colonial buildings are located along the Kali Besar Canal, most of them are former palaces or houses dating from the 18th century. These buildings are now mostly used as offices.
Kelurahan (Administrative Villages)
The subdistrict of Tambora is divided into eleven kelurahan or administrative villages:
- Tanah Sareal - area code 11210
- Tambora - area code 11220
- Roa Malaka - area code 11230
- Pekojan - area code 11240
- Jembatan Lima - area code 11250
- Krendang - area code 11260
- Duri Utara - area code 11270
- Duri Selatan - area code 11270
- Kali Anyar - area code 11310
- Jembatan Besi - area code 11320
- Angke - area code 11330
List of important places
- Adolf Heuken SJ (2007). Historical Sites of Jakarta. Cipta Loka Caraka Foundation, Jakarta.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tambora, Jakarta.|
- (in Indonesian) Official site