Tallygaroopna (//) is a town in the Goulburn Valley region of Victoria, Australia. The town is on the Goulburn Valley Highway in the City of Greater Shepparton local government area, 207 kilometres (129 mi) north of the state capital, Melbourne. At the 2016 census, Tallygaroopna had a population of 579.
Victoria Street, the main street of Tallygaroopna
|Population||579 (2016 census)|
|LGA(s)||City of Greater Shepparton|
The large Tallygaroopna station was established in the 1840s by Edward Khull and two years later was sold to Sherbourne Sheppard, who later lent his name to the nearby city of Shepparton. The station was broken up for closer settlement in the 1870s, the Post Office opening on 7 December 1875. The Tallygaroopna Railway Station Post Office opened on 17 October 1881, and was later renamed as Tallygaroopna and Tallygaroopna renamed as Tallygaroopna West.
Tallygaroopna Primary School is located on Victoria Street. The local kindergarten is located opposite the school. Tallygaroopna Football Club, known as the Redlegs, play in the Kyabram & District Football League. The town is also home to a bowling green and golf course.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Tallygaroopna (SSC) (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 18 April 2019.
- "Tallygaroopna Victoria". Travelmate. Retrieved 3 June 2007.
- "Post Office List". Premier Postal Auctions. Retrieved 11 April 2008.
- Bob Whitehead (2008). Tocumwal Railway Centenary.
- "From floods to fire, publican laments hotel loss". The Age. Melbourne. 1 May 2012.