Taleem-e-Balighan (lit: Education for Adults) is a 1956 Pakistani social satire TV serial which first aired on PTV in 1966. It was written by Khawaja Moinuddin. It is considered one of the classics of Pakistani television by some TV critics.
|Genre||Social Satire TV serial|
|Starring||Mahmood Ali, Qazi Wajid, Subhani ba Yunus, Qasim Jalali, Razia Sultana, Bakhtiar, Agha Nasir|
|Country of origin||Pakistan|
|Original network||Pakistan Television Corporation (PTV)|
|Original release||1956 –|
Plot and background
The story revolves around a madrassa (school) where adults are provided an education in a satirical and humorous environment. It is based on Mohammad Ali Jinnah's or Quaid-e-Azam's three principles of 'unity, faith and discipline', that became an inspiring and effective slogan for the Muslim masses during the Pakistan Movement days around 1947. This national slogan has actually become a permanent foundation stone of the 'Ideology of Pakistan' and is frequently quoted, even in 2016, by the Pakistanis as a nation. It is also quoted on TV in this drama serial in comical situations. This satire was originally written for Radio Pakistan in the 1950s before the introduction of TV broadcasts in Pakistan in November 1964. It was then adapted for PTV and first broadcast in 1966.
Reviews and discussion of drama
- Older residents take a trip down memory lane with Taleem-e-Balighan screening, The Express Tribune newspaper, 29 May 2013, Retrieved 15 Dec 2016
- Old but not forgotten: Top 10 Pakistani dramas to re-watch now Bisma Ahmad, 13 March 2015, Dawn newspaper, Retrieved 15 Dec 2016
- http://vidpk.com/c/316/Taleem-e-Balighan/, Profile of 'Taleem-e-Balighan' (drama serial) on vidpk.com website, Retrieved 15 Dec 2016
- http://pakteahouse.net/2012/07/22/taleem-e-balighan-murder-of-history-in-pakistan/, Review and discussion of 'Taleem-e-Balighan' on pakteahouse.net website, Retrieved 15 Dec 2016
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf9NE1t7dcM, Watch PTV drama serial 'Taleem-e-Balighan' on YouTube, Retrieved 15 Dec 2016