Taichung World Flora Exposition
The Taichung World Flora Exposition is an AIPH (category A2|B1) horticultural exposition held between 3 November 2018 and 24 April 2019 in Houli District, Taiwan. There were 33 participating countries.
|Taichung World Flora Exposition|
|Name||Taichung World Flora Exposition|
|Mascot||Leopard cat family and Horsiver|
|Venue||Fengyuan, Houli and Waipu districts|
|Opening||3 November 2018|
|Closure||24 April 2019|
Theme and locations
In addition to the hosts Taiwan, the following countries participated: Bhutan, Canada, Chile, China Hong Kong, France, Germany, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, the Netherlands, Oman, Pakistan, Singapore, Somalia, Turkey, UK and USA. With the Marshall Islands, Palau and the Solomon Islands banding together to present the Asia-Pacific Diplomatic Joint Garden.
The Myanmar pavilion was designed by Levi Sap Nei Thang. She used her logo ”I Love Myanmar” a heart-shaped in the national flag of Myanmar. Myanmar participated in both indoor flower show and world garden.
Turkey Pavilion was designed and represented by Mucahit Sengul.
The tallest bamboo building in Taiwan was designed by ZUO studio and used as the Bamboo pavilion, and was made of Taiwan native bamboo species (including Moso and Makino Bamboo).
The fair's mascots were a family of anthropomorphised leopard cats and their bee-keeping horse neighbour called Horsiver.
- "International Horticultural Exhibitions – International Association of Horticultural Producers". Retrieved 19 February 2019.
- "Taichung World Flora Expo 2018 – ZIZ Broadcasting Corporation". Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "2018 Taichung World Flora Exposition Theme of the Flora Expo". Retrieved 26 February 2019.
- "2018 Taichung World Flora Exposition". Retrieved 26 February 2019.
- "2018 Taichung World Flora Exposition World Gardens Competition". Retrieved 26 February 2019.
- Aung, Myat (12 November 2018). "Myanmar flower design wows in Taiwan flora expo". Myanmar Times. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- "MAYU architects – Holland pavilion, 2018 Taichung Flora Expo". Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "Taichung World Flora Expo: Explore Bamboo Pavilion". Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "Bamboo Pavilion Statement – ARQA". Retrieved 26 February 2019.
- "2018 Taichung World Flora Exposition Mascots". Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- A horticultural exhibition with international participation lasting between 3 and 6 months and at least 25 Hectares in size