T. Hasegawa Co., Ltd. (長谷川香料株式会社 Hasegawa Kōryō Kabushiki-gaisha) is a major producer of flavors and fragrances headquartered in Japan. As of 2017, it is one of world's top ten flavor and fragrances companies.
|Traded as||TYO: 4958|
|Founded||May 9, 1903 as Hasegawa Totaro Shoten|
Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-8431,
(Chairman and CEO)Takao Umino
(President and COO)
(US$ 450 million)
(US$ 37 million)
Number of employees
|1,590 (consolidated, as of September 30, 2018)|
|Footnotes / references|
T. Hasegawa was established in 1903 as Hasegawa Totaro Shoten in Tokyo, Japan by Totaro Hasegawa. In 1941, Shozo Hasegawa succeeded his father at the company. In 1961 T. Hasegawa Co., Ltd. was founded with Shozo Hasegawa as President and took over all business of Hasegawa Totaro Shoten. The new company established headquarters in the prestigious Nihon-bashi district of Tokyo.
The strong demand for Hasegawa products resulted in establishing Hasegawa's first overseas production facilities in Lawndale, California in 1978 and the formation of T. Hasegawa USA. In 1989 this production facility moved to the city of Cerritos, California where it is located to this day. On December 18, 1998, Tokujiro Hasegawa, a grandson of Totaro Hasegawa, was appointed President. Shozo Hasegawa was designated as Chairman of the Board, and Mr. Ryoshiro Hayashi as Vice Chairman.
- "Outline". T. Hasegawa. Retrieved April 24, 2019.
- "About the company". Financial Times. Retrieved April 24, 2019.
- "Company Profile". Nikkei Asian Review. Nikkei Inc. Retrieved April 24, 2019.
- "Flavor & Fragrance Industry - Top 10". leffingwell.com. Leffingwell & Associates. Retrieved April 25, 2019.
- Legrum, Wolfgang (February 25, 2015). Riechstoffe, zwischen Gestank und Duft: Vorkommen, Eigenschaften und Anwendung von Riechstoffen und deren Gemischen [Fragrances, between stench and aroma: occurrence, properties and application of fragrances and their mixtures] (in German). Springer Science+Business Media. p. 216. ISBN 978-3-658-07310-7.