Téva is a French general-interest television channel, privately owned, with a female and family focus, belonging to the M6 Group. Téva has been broadcast in 16:9 since 10 November 2009 and in HD quality since 8 November 2011.
|Launched||6 October 1996|
|Owned by||M6 Group|
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV)|
|Canal||Channel 54 (HD)|
|Freebox TV||Channel 38|
|SFR TV||Channel 71|
|La TV d'Orange||Channel 34|
|Bbox TV||Channel 32|
In April 1995, Laurence Aupetit was appointed as Project Development Director for the new thematic channel, which was then called Vivre. Following differences of opinion, she resigned and was replaced by Mike Le Bas. Téva is a mini generalist digital television channel available on cable, satellite, and ADSL in France. The core target is the housewife under the age of 50. Since its inception, it has been aimed at an essentially female audience with children. It is the first channel to have chosen this positioning. It was created on 6 October 1996 and is one of the channels wholly owned by the M6 Group. Today, this channel is one of the 15 most widely broadcast digital channels.
On 14 November 2010, Teva broadcast the first episodes of the Cougar Town series, which made the best launch for a series broadcast on its airwaves.
- Téva et Paris Première disponibles en HD en novembre, Free News, 26 octobre 2011.
- "Laurence Aupetit". liberation.fr.
- "Téva perd sa première dame. La directrice démissionne; M6 reprend en main la chaîne féminine". liberation.fr.
- "Meilleur lancement pour une série sur Téva". ozap. 18 November 2010.
- "la chaine fête ses 15 ans du 15 au 29 juin". tele premiere. 16 May 2011.
- "Téva a lancé son nouvel habillage". lettreaudiovisuel.com. 2014-03-03.
- "Les programmes de Paris Première et Téva disponibles sur 6play" (in French). 2016-11-24.
- Official website (in French)