Sylvia Coleridge (10 December 1909 – 31 May 1986) was a British stage, film, radio and television actress. She was married to Albert George Fiddes-Watt and their daughter Kate, born 1943, is also an actress as Kate Coleridge.
Sylvia Coleridge playing Mrs. Salt, owneress of the Salt Line, in the episode "The Gamble " in the series "The Onedin Line"
Kathleen Sylvia Duke Coleridge
10 December 1909
|Died||31 May 1986 76) (aged|
Her TV acting credits include: Out of the Unknown, The Avengers, Paul Temple, The Lotus Eaters, Ace of Wands, The Tomorrow People, Z-Cars, Public Eye, Sutherland's Law, Dixon of Dock Green, The Onedin Line, Doctor Who (in the serial The Seeds of Doom), Survivors, Armchair Thriller (in the serial Quiet as a Nun), Blake's 7 (in the episode Gambit as the Croupier), Shoestring, The Flipside of Dominick Hide, Angels, Rumpole of the Bailey, Artemis 81 and Bleak House Maggie and Her. and acted throughout The Cedar Tree, an ATV series running from 1976-1979.
Tom Baker mentioned on the DVD commentary for The Robots of Death that he had been so taken with Coleridge's eccentric performance in The Seeds of Doom that he had suggested her as the new Doctor Who companion to producer Graham Williams.
She died in London and was interred in the East London Cemetery.
- "Sylvia Coleridge".
- McFarlane, Brian (16 May 2016). "The Encyclopedia of British Film: Fourth edition". Oxford University Press – via Google Books.
- "Saturday-Night Theatre presents Fabia Drake, Terence Longdon and Sylvia Coleridge in ' CHRISTMAS PUDDING'". 4 December 1959. p. 50 – via BBC Genome.
- "Kate Coleridge". IMDb. Retrieved 23 August 2019.
- "Sylvia Coleridge". IMDb. Retrieved 23 August 2019.
- "Sylvia Coleridge - Theatricalia". theatricalia.com.
- "Sylvia Coleridge". www.aveleyman.com.
- TV.com. "Sylvia Coleridge". TV.com.
- "The Seeds of Doom ★★★★★".
- "Sylvia Coleridge (1909-1986) - Find A Grave..." www.findagrave.com.