Swaragini - Jodein Rishton Ke Sur
Swaragini— Jodein Rishton Ke Sur (Swaragini— Join the Melody of Relationships) is an Indian television series, which premiered on 2 March 2015 on Colors TV. Based on the bittersweet relationship between two half-sisters, it starred Helly Shah, Tejasswi Prakash, Varun Kapoor, and Namish Taneja.
|Also known as||Swaragini — Jodein Rishton Ke Sur|
|Written by||Story |
Mahesh Pandey / Akash Deep
Screenplay and dialogues
Sharad C. Tripathi
|Directed by||Ravi Raj|
|Opening theme||'Dhere naa...' |
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||469|
|Production location(s)||Kolkata |
|Camera setup||Multi camera|
|Running time||22 min approx|
|Production company(s)||Rashmi Sharma Telefilms Limited|
|Original network||Colors TV|
|Picture format||576i SDTV |
|Original release||2 March 2015 –|
14 December 2016
Swara Bose (Helly Shah) is a girl from a liberal middle class Bengali family, in and lives with her single mother Sharmishtha Bose (Parineeta Borthakur), and maternal grandmother Shobha Bose. On the other hand, Ragini Gadodia (Tejaswi Prakash) was brought up in a conservative traditional Marwari family, by her single father Shekhar Gadodia (Sachin Tyagi), and paternal grandmother Parvati Gadodia (Alka Kaushal). Swara and Ragini who are best friends discover that their parents were once lovers, and that they are half sisters. Swara and Ragini, now overjoyed, get their parents married with the help of Lakshya Maheshwari (Namish Taneja) who is Ragini's fiancee. Ragini calls off their marriage because Lakshya secretly loves Swara. Ragini begins to hate Swara when the latter returns Lakshya's affections. Swara and Lakshya get engaged. Enters Sanskaar Maheshwari (Varun Kapoor), Lakshya's cousin, who pretends to be mentally ill to seek revenge on Lakshya and his father Durga Prasad Maheshwari (Nagesh Salwan) because he thinks they're behind his girlfriend Kavita Roy (Nikita Sharma)'s death. Ragini comes to know about this and helps him ruin Swara and Lakshya's relationship.
Swara discovers Sanskaar's truth, clears his misunderstanding, and he apologizes to everyone. Ragini tricks Lakshya and marries him by making him believe that Swara betrayed him. Sharmishtha and Shekhar are separated because Sharmishtha believes Swara but Shekhar trusts Ragini. Swara enters Lakshya's house by faking being married to Sanskaar.
Sanskaar falls deeply in love with Swara, while helping her prove her innocence. The two end up having to actually marry. Lakshya discovers Ragini's truth. Swara, Sanskaar and Lakshya expose Ragini. Sharmishtha and Shekhar reunite and their daughters return to them. Ragini fakes memory loss to go back to Lakshya. Lakshya wants a relationship with Swara but she realises and tells him she has already moved on. Ragini manipulates Sanskaar's mother Sujata (Sonica Handa) and Lakshya's mother Annapurna (Shalini Kapoor Sagar) against Swara by making it look like she is two timing their sons. Later, Ragini is exposed and Swara kicks her out of the house. Lakshya kidnaps Ragini and after Ragini is found, he tries to kill her. He eventually goes to jail.
Parvati blackmails Durga Prasad into giving him his property to name Ragini as the owner of all his wealth in exchange for Lakshya's freedom from prison. Swara realises her love for Sanskaar but he refuses to accept her. Swara steals the property papers by replacing them with fake ones but her plan fails. Ragini becomes the owner and starts threatening the family. Swara doesn't want to divorce Sanskaar but Ragini is able to blackmail her into signing the papers.
Sanskaar's girlfriend Kavita is still alive and returns. Kavita and Sanskaar get engaged, but Kavita comes to know that Swara and Sanskaar love each other and calls off her engagement with him. Swara and Sanskar finally unite and start spending time with each other. Kavita starts planning and plotting against Swara with the help of Ragini's aunt Urvashi (Sonia Singh). Urvashi blames Sharmishtha for the death of Janki (Dalljiet Kaur), her sister and Ragini's mother. Kavita and Urvashi's plan fails. Swara and Ragini reunite. Ragini thinks that Lakshya loves her while he has been faking it to trick Ragini into signing divorce papers. Swara and Sanskaar get happily married. But Lakshya marries his friend Kavya Malhotra (Roop Durgapal), betraying Ragini. Kavya is evil but soon gets exposed and gets arrested by the police. Later Lakshya realises his mistake and he and Ragini and get remarried and consummate their marriage. Swara and Sanskaar consummate their marriage as well.
Parineeta (Akansha Chamola), wife of Lakshya's brother Adarsh Maheshwari (Tarun Singh), gets jealous of Ragini and Swara. Sanskaar's sister Uttara (Khyati Mangla) falls in love with Rajat Lodha (Mohit Abrol), a wealthy man. Rajat only wants Uttara for her wealth. Swara comes to know and Uttara and Rajat's marriage is called off. Rajat kidnaps Swara and Sanskaar follows them. Sanskaar shoots Rajat and he falls off a cliff pulling Swara with him. Swara is saved by rockstar Sahil Sengupta (Anuj Sachdeva). She regains consciousness but loses her memory. Swara returns to her parents' house with Sahil. She only remembers Ragini, Shobha, and Sharmishtha. Sahil falls in love with Swara and comes to know that Swara was married to Sanskaar. Later Swara gets her memory back.Sahil kidnaps Swara but his mother Maya helps Swara escape and gets Sahil arrested.
Sharmishtha is pregnant but Parvati and the Maheshwari family are against her pregnancy.Sharmishtha has a fall and is admitted to the hospital.The doctor tells the family that Sharmishtha has had a miscarriage.Sanskaar and lakshya's elder brother Adarsh tricked D urgaprasad into signing property papers and getting property trnasferred on his name.Adarsh and his wife Parineeta tell Maheshwari family to leave house.Actually, Parvati bribes a nurse and gives away Sharmishtha's baby to a beggar.Swara comes to know that Sharmishtha's baby is alive.Swara and Sanskaar go to an orphanage to inquire about Sharmishtha's baby and come to know that the baby has been adopted.Sharmishtha gets her baby back.
Lakshya gets involved in the drug business and Sanskaar and lakshya have an argument and fight and lakshya goes missing after that because of misunderstandings created by Adarsh.Swara breaks all ties with Sanskaar and both Ragini and she leave for their home.
6 Months Later
The show takes a 6 month-leap.Sanskaar is trying hard to find Lakshya.Swara and Ragini are running business of wedding planners.Soon,Swara, Ragini and Sanskaar find that Lakshya was alive,and he also reveals that he was framed.Swara's childhood friend Nikhil Aggrawal(Pratap Hada) who is arrived from Canada comes to help Swara and Ragini in their business. Lakshya is pretending to be Abhimanyu Khanna in Abhimanyu's house.Because Lakshya thought that Abhimanyu was accidently killed because of him.He is living in Abhimanyu's house with Abhimanyu's wife Mansi and their daughter Mishka.Actually Nikhil and Mansi had an affair and Mishka is Nikhil and Mansi's daughter.They had planned to kill Abhimanyu to get his property.Swara,along with Ragini,Sanskaar expose Mansi and Nikhil Aggrawal.The two couples reunite,and all misunderstandings gets cleared.Lakshya and Ragini adopt Mishka.The show ends and all live happily ever happy after.
- Helly Shah as Swara Gadodia Maheshwari– Ragini's half sister; Sanskaar's wife (2015–2016)
- Tejasswi Prakash as Ragini Gadodia Maheshwari– Swara's half sister; Lakshya's wife (2015–2016)
- Varun Kapoor as Sanskaar Maheshwari– Swara's husband (2015–2016)
- Namish Taneja as Lakshya Maheshwari– Ragini's husband (2015–2016)
- Parineeta Borthakur as Sharmishtha Gadodia Bose, Swara's mother, Ragini's stepmother (2015–16)
- Sachin Tyagi as Shekhar Gadodia, Swara and Ragini's father (2015–16)
- Anuj Sachdeva as Sahil Sengupta
- Shalini Kapoor Sagar as Annapurna Maheshwari, Lakshya and Adarsh's mother (2015–16)
- Nagesh Salwan as Durga Prasad Maheshwari, Lakshya and Adarsh's father (2015–16)
- Sonica Handa as Sujata Maheshwari, Sanskaar and Uttara's mother (2015–16)
- Amar Sharma as Ram Prasad Maheshwari, Sanskaar and Uttara's father (2015–16)
- Tarun Singh as Adarsh Maheshwari, Lakshya's brother (2015–16)
- Ekta Methai 2015/Khyati Mangla 2015-16 as Uttara Maheshwari, Sanskaar's sister (2015–16)
- Akansha Chamola as Parineeta Maheshwari, Adarsh's wife (2015–16)
- Alka Kaushal as Parvati Gadodia, Swara and Ragini's grandmother (2015–16)
- Abhijit Lahiri as Deendayal Gadodia, Swara and Ragini's grandfather (2015–16)
- Tanima Sen as Shobha Bose, Swara's grandmother (2015)
- Mughdha Shah as Sulekha, Parineeta's mother (2016)
- Mohit Abrol as Rajat Lodha, Uttara's ex-fiance (2016)
- Roop Durgapal as Tanya Malhotra/Kavya, Lakshya's ex-wife (2016)
- Mayur Verma as Karthik Malhotra, Kavya's brother (2016)
- Nikita Sharma as Kavita Roy, Sanskars ex-fiancee (2015–16)
- Sonia Singh as Urvashi Kataria, Ragini's aunt (2016)
- Sonia Shah as Kaveri Roy, Kavita's mother (2016)
- Nupur Alankar as Gayatri Bhandari, Chirag's mother (2016)
- Manoj Chandila as Chirag Bhandari, Uttara's ex-fiance (2016)
- Pratap Hada as Nikhil Chatterji, Swara's childhood friend (2016)
- Tasheen Shah as Mishka Laksh Maheshwari, Mansi's daughter later Lakshya and Ragini's adopted daughter (2016)
- Daljeet Kaur as Janki Gadodia, Ragini's birth mother (2015, 2016)
|Sr No.||Air Date||Serials|
|1||February 19, 2016||Ishq Ka Rang Safed||Thapki Pyar Ki||Sasural Simar Ka|
|2||March 10, 2016||Ishq Ka Rang Safed||Thapki Pyar Ki||Sasural Simar Ka|
|3||March 17, 2016||Thapki Pyar Ki||Sasural Simar Ka||Balika Vadhu|
|4||March 29, 2016||Thapki Pyar Ki||Sasural Simar Ka||Udaan|
|5||April 8, 2016||Thapki Pyar Ki||Sasural Simar Ka||Udaan|
|6||April 21, 2016||Ishq Ka Rang Safed||Thapki Pyar Ki||Sasural Simar Ka|
|7||May 12, 2016||Sasural Simar Ka||Udaan||Swaragini|
|8||May 20, 2016||Thapki Pyar Ki||Sasural Simar Ka||Udaan|
|9||May 26, 2016||Thapki Pyar Ki||Sasural Simar Ka||Balika Vadhu|
|2015||Gold Awards||Best Actor In A Negative Role (Female)||Alka Kaushal||Nominated|
|Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Actor In A Negative Role (Female)||Tejasswi Prakash||Nominated|
|2016||Golden Petal Awards||Best Serial||Swaragini||Nominated|
|Most Stylish Personality||Tejasswi Prakash||Nominated|
|Best Actor(Debut)||Namish Taneja||Nominated|
|Best Character In A Comic Role||Sonica Handa||Nominated|
|Best Actress In Supporting Role||Parineeta Borthakur||Nominated|
|Best Actress||Helly Shah||Won|
|Best Actor||Varun Kapoor||Won|
|Favourite Jodi||Varun Kapoor & Helly Shah||Won|
- "Swaragini episodes". Swaragini. 14 November 2014. Archived from the original on 13 May 2018. Retrieved 15 November 2014.
- "Colors unveils a new note on family relationships with 'Swaragini'". www.bestmediaifo.com. Archived from the original on 2 January 2016. Retrieved 13 May 2018.
- Sharma, Priyanka (16 November 2016). "Helly Shah, Varun Kapoor show Swaragini to go off air in December". The Indian Express. Archived from the original on 2 August 2017. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- "Colors' show 'Swaragini' zooms in on Kolkata's hotspots". 28 February 2015. Archived from the original on 11 May 2015.
- "Swara is strong, independent, bubbly yet sensitive: Helly Shah". 27 February 2015. Archived from the original on 25 September 2015.
- "My character in Swaragini is of an obedient traditional girl: Tejaswi". 28 February 2015. Archived from the original on 2 August 2017.
- "Swaragini: Tejaswi Prakash Wayangankar aka Ragini to QUIT the show?". 14 December 2015. Archived from the original on 30 July 2017.
- "Varun Kapoor's 'challenging' role in 'Swaragini'". Archived from the original on 19 November 2015. Retrieved 11 September 2015.
- "Namish Taneja is back as lead in 'Ikyawann' - Times of India". timesofindia.com. Archived from the original on 18 September 2017. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "Roop Durgapal to enter Swaragini - Times of India". timesofindia.com. Archived from the original on 6 March 2016. Retrieved 13 May 2018.