The Suzuran (すずらん) is a limited express train service operated by Hokkaido Railway Company (JR Hokkaido) between Muroran and Sapporo in Hokkaido, Japan. The current limited express service was introduced in July 1992, but the name was first used from 1956 for an express service operated by JNR between Hakodate and Sapporo. Suzuran is Japanese for Lily of the valley.
785 series EMU on a Suzuran service at Muroran Station, October 2007
|Service type||Limited express|
|First service||1956 (Express)|
July 1992 (Limited express)
|Current operator(s)||JR Hokkaido|
|Class(es)||Standard class only|
|Rolling stock||789-1000 series & 785 series EMUs|
|Track gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)|
|Electrification||20 kV AC overhead|
|Operating speed||130 km/h (80 mph)|
|Facilities||Toilet||Wheelchair space, toilet||Toilet|
From July 1992 until 30 September 2007, Suzuran services were formed of 4-car 781 series EMUs, with one reserved car (car 4), formed as shown below.
|Facilities||Toilet||Vending machine||Telephone, toilet|
- JR Timetable, December 2008
- JR新幹線＆特急列車ファイル [JR Shinkansen & Limited Express Train File]. Japan: Kōtsū Shimbun. 2008. p. 86. ISBN 978-4-330-00608-6.
- 列車名鑑1995 [Train Name Directory 1995]. Japan: Railway Journal. August 1995.
- JR Timetable, August 2011 issue, p.1002
- JR電車編成表 2012冬 [JR EMU Formations - Winter 2012]. Japan: JRR. October 2011. pp. 2–3. ISBN 978-4-330-25611-5.
- こだわりの新幹線＆特急列車ガイド [In-depth Shinkansen & Limited Express Guide]. Japan: Ikaros Publishing. August 2000. p. 53. ISBN 4-87149-284-2.
- JR電車編成表 '05冬号 [JR EMU Formations - Winter 2005]. Japan: JRR. January 2005. p. 3. ISBN 4-88283-042-6.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Suzuran.|
- JR Hokkaido Suzuran train information (in Japanese)