Sunizona is a census-designated place in the central portion of Cochise County in the state of Arizona. Sunizona is located approximately 10 miles to the east of Pearce along Arizona State Highway 181, near US 191. The population of Sunizona as of the 2010 U.S. Census was 281.
Location of Sunizona in Cochise County, Arizona.
Location in the United States
|Coordinates: 31°52′46.86″N 109°39′20.22″W|
|• Total||8.48 sq mi (21.97 km2)|
|• Land||8.48 sq mi (21.97 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (MST (no daylight saving time))|
Sunizona has been noted for its unusual place name.
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Jul 18, 2017.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- Website Services & Coordination Staff(WSCS). "2010 Census Interactive Population Search". Retrieved 28 December 2014.
- Thompson, George E. (1 July 2009). You Live Where?: Interesting and Unusual Facts about where We Live. iUniverse. p. 5. ISBN 978-1-4401-3421-0.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.