Sunday Edition (Australian TV program)
|Genre||News, Current Affairs, Commentary|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|No. of seasons||1|
|Running time||2 hours (inc. adverts)|
|Original network||Sky News Live|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Original release||10 July 2016 –|
The program premiered on 10 July 2016 and runs from 7am to 10am (AEST) on Sunday mornings, breaking out for one hour at 8:30am AEST to allow Sunday Agenda to air. The program replaces the bulk of First Edition as Sky News' breakfast program on Sundays.
In its first season, the program was hosted by Peter van Onselen, and is one of four Sky News formats he presents, alongside Sunday Agenda and his daytime programs PVO NewsDay and To The Point. Coinciding with the launch of Sunday Edition, flagship Sunday morning talk show Australian Agenda retitled as Sunday Agenda. Jaynie Seal presents news updates and Greg Thomson presents sport.
In 2017, Kristina Keneally was added as co-host of Sunday Edition. Keneally also co-hosts To The Point with van Onselen.
- Knox, David (18 July 2016). "New weekend line-up on SKY News". TV Tonight. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- "Paul Murray and PVO to work weekends too". MediaWeek. 29 June 2016. Archived from the original on 7 July 2016. Retrieved 4 July 2016.
- JAYNIE SEAL [@jaynieseal] (9 July 2016). "Morning! Our very first #sundayedition @vanOnselenP @Thomson_Greg @SkyNewsAust" (Tweet). Archived from the original on 17 July 2016. Retrieved 17 July 2016 – via Twitter.
- "Jaynie Seal desk job proves Sky's no limit for Weather Channel favourite". The Sunday Telegraph. 17 July 2016. Archived from the original on 17 July 2016. Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- Knox, David (19 December 2016). "SKY News 2017: highlights". TV Tonight. Retrieved 19 December 2016.