Suncheon Bay Garden Expo 2013
The Suncheon Bay Garden Expo 2013(Korean: 2013순천만국제정원박람회; Hanja: 2013順天灣國際庭園博覽會) was the first of its kind to be held in Korea. The Expo focused on green technology development such as solar energy, sustainable garden development and electronic transportation. It showcased green technologies, international garden exhibits, and wetland conservation. It was held in jointly in Suncheon and Suncheon Bay.
- Duration: 2013. Apr. 20 ~ 2013. Oct. 20 (6 months)
- Theme: The Garden of Earth
- Location: Around Suncheon Bay, Korea
- Area: 1,527,000 m2 (152.7 ha)
- Exhibitions - Various eco-parks such as World gardens, arboretum, International wetland center, etc.
- Estimated visitors: 5 million visitors
- personal rapid transit to convey visitors from the Garden Expo site to Suncheon Bay.
- Develop Suncheon Bay, one of the world's top five coastal wetlands and the most well- preserved coastal wetland in the world, into a unique eco garden.
- Develop Suncheon Bay into a representative brand of Korea that is highly recognizable by citizens of the world.
- Build a reservoir to prevent floods and natural disasters.
- Maximize the economic value through developing green industries (forestry, floriculture, and gardening) and ecotourism.
- "Visit Korea - International Garden Exposition Suncheon Bay Korea". Korea Tourism Organization. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
- Kim, Ji-soo (February 26, 2013). "Suncheon Bay Garden Expo draws limelight, tourists". The Korea Times. Retrieved March 8, 2015.
- Jackson, Julie (April 12, 2013). "Welcome to the Garden of the Earth". The Korea Herald. Retrieved March 8, 2015.
- "Suncheon Bay Garden Project 2013". Retrieved November 20, 2012.