Tan Sri Dr. Sulaiman bin Daud (Jawi: سليمان بن داود; 4 March 1933 – 23 March 2010) was a Malaysian politician who held seven cabinet posts in the Malaysian government between 1981 and 1999, including as Federal Minister of Education. He represented the constituency of Petra Jaya in the Parliament of Malaysia (1974 – 2004) and was a member of the Parti Pesaka Bumiputera Bersatu (PBB) in the Barisan Nasional (BN) coalition. He was Chancellor of the International Medical University from 2005 to 2010.
سليمان بن داود
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
for Petra Jaya, Sarawak
|Preceded by||Constituency established|
|Succeeded by||Fadillah Yusof|
Sulaiman bin Daud
4 March 1933
Kuching, Kingdom of Sarawak
|Died||23 March 2010 77) (aged|
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
|Political party||PBB—Barisan Nasional|
|Spouse(s)||Naemah Hasbi (Deceased)|
Sulaiman was born in Kuching, Sarawak and was a dentist including in the government hospital in Kuala Belait, Brunei before entering politics. He graduated from the University of Otago in New Zealand. He died aged 77 of liver cancer at the Kuala Lumpur Hospital on 23 March 2010, survived by four children.
In 2018, a bridge on Matang-Stapok in Sarawak named as 'Sulaiman Daud Bridge' in honour of him.
Honour of Malaysia
Malaysia : Commander of the Order of Loyalty to the Crown of Malaysia (P.S.M.) (2000)
- "Dr Sulaiman, An Experienced Minister With Almost 20 Years' Service". Bernama. 23 March 2010. Retrieved 23 March 2010.
- "Ling, Sulaiman Daud among those bowing out". New Straits Times. New Straits Times Press. 1 March 2004. Retrieved 23 March 2010.
- "Tan Sri Sulaiman Daud dies". The Star (Malaysia). Star Publications (Malaysia). 23 March 2010. Retrieved 23 March 2010.
- "Tan Sri Sulaiman Daud dies". The Sun (Malaysia). 23 March 2010. Retrieved 23 March 2010.
- "Dewan Rakyat Extends Condolences Over Sulaiman's Death". Bernama. 23 March 2010. Retrieved 23 March 2010.
- Jambatan Matang-Stapok Dinamakan Jambatan Tan Sri Sulaiman Daud Utusan Borneo. 19 April 2018. Retrieved 9 October 2019
- "Semakan Penerima Darjah Kebesaran, Bintang dan Pingat".