Such Is the Law
|Such Is the Law|
|Directed by||Sinclair Hill|
|Produced by||Oswald Mitchell|
|Screenplay by||Leslie Howard Gordon|
|Story by||Reginald Fogwell|
|Starring||Frances Day |
C. Aubrey Smith
|Music by||Herbert Griffiths|
|Distributed by||Butcher's Film Service|
A mother attempts to save her daughter's marriage.
- Kate Cutler as Mother
- Frances Day as Wife
- Maud Gill as Aunt's Maid
- Carl Harbord as Vivian Fairfax
- Gibb McLaughlin as Valet
- Nancy Price as Aunt
- Miriam Seegar as Other Woman
- C. Aubrey Smith as Sir James Whittaker
- Wyndham Standing as Doctor
- Lady Tree as Granny
- Janice Adair as Marjorie Majoribanks
- Pamela Carme as Mrs. Majoribanks
- Bert Coote as Sir George
- James Fenton as Solicitor
- Rex Maurice as Philip Carberry
The film was adopted from the silent film The Price of Divorce (1928), which had not been released.
- Wood p.70
- Low, Rachael. Filmmaking in 1930s Britain. George Allen & Unwin, 1985.
- Wood, Linda. British Films, 1927-1939. British Film Institute, 1986.