Strange Cargo (1936 film)
Strange Cargo is a 1936 British crime film directed by Lawrence Huntington and starring Kathleen Kelly, George Mozart and Moore Marriott. The film is notable for an early performance by George Sanders who went on to success in Hollywood. It was made at Elstree Studios for release by Paramount Pictures. It is also known by the alternative title Breakers Ahead. Criminal gun runners smuggle illegal arms onto a British ship at a South American port. (The film shares a title—but nothing else—with the 1940 Clark Gable/Joan Crawford drama Strange Cargo.)
|Directed by||Lawrence Huntington|
|Produced by||Lawrence Huntington|
|Written by||Gerald Elliott|
|Starring||Kathleen Kelly |
|Distributed by||Paramount British Pictures|
- Kathleen Kelly as Sonia
- George Mozart as 'Orace
- Moore Marriott as Captain Burch
- George Sanders as Roddy Burch
- Richard Norris as Travers
- Geoffrey Clarke as Rev. Twiddell
- Kenneth Warrington as Captain Mandera
- Julian Vedey as Customs Officer
- Adèle as Herself
- Matt Davidson as Himself
- Harry Lane
- Conway Palmer
- Alvin Saxon as Himself and His Murray Club Band
- Wood p.92
- Chibnall, Steve. Quota Quickies: The Birth of the British 'B' Film. British Film Institute, 2007.
- Low, Rachael. Filmmaking in 1930s Britain. George Allen & Unwin, 1985.
- Wood, Linda. British Films, 1927–1939. British Film Institute, 1986.
This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.