Story of a Cloistered Nun
Story of a Cloistered Nun (Italian: Storia di una monaca di clausura, also known as Unholy Convent and Diary of a Cloistered Nun) is a 1973 Italian nunsploitation film directed by Domenico Paolella.
|Story of a Cloistered Nun|
|Directed by||Domenico Paolella|
|Produced by||Tonino Cervi|
|Written by||Tonino Cervi|
|Music by||Piero Piccioni|
|Edited by||Amedeo Giomini|
|Distributed by||Cine Globe|
|November 9, 1973|
The story is set in 1624. A woman, who had been promised at birth to a powerful family's son, falls in love with another man. She refuses to renounce him, and is sent to a nunnery by her shocked parents. Once there, she first undergoes degradation to acclimatize her to convent life, and experiences rampant lesbianism among the repressed nuns. She becomes pregnant by her lover. Finally, her refusal to accede to one nun's lascivious lesbian advances leads to plotting and treachery, and her lover is murdered out of jealousy. Her life now ruined, she further scandalises her family by refusing to take her vows, and leaves the convent, devoting her existence to those in need.
- Catherine Spaak: Sister Elisabeth
- Eleonora Giorgi: Carmela Simoni, then Sister Agnes
- Suzy Kendall: Mother Superior
- Martine Brochard: Sister Lucia
- Tino Carraro: Marquis Antonio Simoni, Father of Carmela
- Ann Odessa: Sister Chiara
- Caterina Boratto: Mother of Carmela
- Umberto Orsini: Diego
- Antonio Falsi: Giuliano
- Giuliana Calandra
- Rina Franchetti
- Roberto Chiti; Roberto Poppi; Enrico Lancia. Dizionario del cinema italiano: I film. Gremese, 1991. ISBN 8876059695.
- Marco Giusti (1999). Dizionario dei film italiani stracult. Sperling & Kupfer. ISBN 8820029197.
- Story of a Cloistered Nun on IMDb