Stormy Waters (film)
Remorques (English title: Stormy Waters) is a 1941 French drama film directed by Jean Grémillon. The screenplay was written by Jacques Prévert (scenario and dialogue) and André Cayatte (adaptation), based on the novel by Roger Vercel. The film stars Jean Gabin, Madeleine Renaud and Michèle Morgan.
|Directed by||Jean Grémillon|
|Written by||Jacques Prévert (scenario & dialogue)|
André Cayatte (adaptation)
|Music by||Alexis Roland-Manuel|
|Edited by||Yvonne Martin|
|Distributed by||Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (US)|
A tugboat captain indulges a love affair with a married woman, despite having a seriously ill wife in a small ocean front town.
- Jean Gabin as Captain André Laurent
- Madeleine Renaud as Yvonne Laurent
- Michèle Morgan as Catherine
- Charles Blavette as Gabriel Tanguy
- Jean Marchat as Marc, captain of the 'Mirva'
- Nane Germon as Renée Tanguy
- Jean Dasté as Le radio
- René Bergeron as Georges
- Henri Poupon as Le docteur Maulette
- Anne Laurens as Marie Poubennec
- Marcel Pérès as Le Meur
- Marcel Duhamel as Pierre Poubennec
- Henri Pons as Roger
- Sinoël as L'armateur
- Fernand Ledouxas Kerlo, the boatswain
- "Stormy Waters". unifrance.org. Retrieved 2014-01-25.