Store Magleby Church
|Coordinates: 55°35′46″N 12°38′07″E|
|• Mayor||Allan Holst|
|Elevation||5 m (16 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (Central Europe Time)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2|
Traces of an early Iron Age settlement from about the year 200 AD have been found just south east of Store Magleby Church. In 1521 Christian II invited Dutch families to settle in the parish and on arrival they received existing farms. Fires destroyed the town and farms in 1658 (Swedish Wars), 1809 and 1821. Most were rebuilt in the village, but several moved out to the fields and are still seen in the open countryside.