Stockwell, originally named Lauramie, is a census-designated place in Lauramie Township, Tippecanoe County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. It was once a stop along the Indianapolis, Cincinnati and Lafayette Railroad, but the rail line has since been removed.
The corner of Orchard and Monroe.
Location of Stockwell in Tippecanoe County, Indiana.
|Coordinates: 40°17′10″N 86°46′16″W|
|Elevation||771 ft (235 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||444184|
Former Purdue University baseball pitching coach Tristan McIntyre hails from Stockwell. Tristan is also one half of the musical group Stockwell Lumber Yard, and acoustic duo Wayde and Dean.
Stockwell is located at 40°17′10″N 86°46′16″W, at 771 feet (235m) above sea level. The town is on a bend in Lauramie Creek in Lauramie Township, less than two miles west of U.S. Route 52. Stockwell had a population of 545 at the 2010 census.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 25 October 2007. Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- "Stockwell, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- "USGS detail on Stockwell - Variant Citation". Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- "Tippecanoe County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved July 25, 2016.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.