Steven Simon is a former United States National Security Council senior director for the Middle East and North Africa. He also previously served as the Executive Director IISS-US and Corresponding Director IISS-Middle East and as a Senior Fellow at the Middle East Institute based in Washington, D.C. He was Hasib J. Sabbagh Senior Fellow for Middle Eastern Studies, at the Council on Foreign Relations. He was a Spring 2008 Berlin Prize Fellow. Steven Simon is now a visiting professor at Colby College in Maine.
- "The Price of the Surge", Foreign Affairs, May/June 2008
- "Can the Right War Be Won?", Foreign Affairs, July/August 2009
- "Why We Should Put Jihad on Trial". The New York Times. November 17, 2009.
- "America's Great Satan", Foreign Affairs, November/December 2019 (with Daniel Benjamin)
- Daniel Benjamin, Steven Simon, The Age of Sacred Terror. Radical Islam's War Against America, Random House, New York 2002, ISBN 978-0-375-50859-2
- Daniel Benjamin, Steven Simon (2006). The Next Attack: The Failure of the War on Terror and a Strategy for Getting it Right. Macmillan. ISBN 978-1-4668-0325-1.CS1 maint: uses authors parameter (link)
- Dana H. Allin, Steven Simon (2011). The sixth crisis: Iran, Israel, America and the rumors of war. Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-975449-6.CS1 maint: uses authors parameter (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-08-12. Retrieved 2011-12-06.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- http://www.iiss.org/en/persons/steven-s-simon Archived August 12, 2013, at the Wayback Machine
- Robert Ford and Steven Simon Joining MEI as Senior Fellows MEI, April 23, 2014. Retrieved May 5, 2014.
- Appearances on C-SPAN