Stephen Neumann (born October 2, 1991) is a former American soccer player. Steve Neumann was selected 4th overall in the 2014 MLS draft and played 3 seasons for the New England Revolution making 36 appearances.
|Full name||Stephen Neumann|
|Date of birth||October 2, 1991|
|Place of birth||New Hope, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2014–2016||New England Revolution||36||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14:57, 26 October 2016 (UTC)|
College and Amateur
Neumann played four years of college soccer at Georgetown University between 2010 and 2013. He ended his Georgetown career with 41 goals and 34 assists and was twice an NSCAA Second Team All American. While at Georgetown, Neumann also appeared for USL PDL club Reading United AC from 2011 to 2013. Neumann was named Reading United captain in 2013 and finished his career with Reading having played 29 matches and scoring 7 goals.
Neumann made his professional debut on April 5, 2014 in a 2-0 loss against D.C. United.
Neumann was released by New England at the end of 2016 season, and announced his retirement via Twitter on December 22, 2016.
- "Steve Neumann Bio - GUHOYAS.COM - Georgetown University Official Athletic Site Men's Soccer - GUHOYAS.COM, Georgetown University Official Athletic Site".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on April 7, 2014. Retrieved May 13, 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- http://www.uslsoccer.com/teams/2012/22373.html#STATS Archived April 13, 2014, at the Wayback Machine
- http://www.uslsoccer.com/teams/2013/22373.html#STATS Archived September 10, 2013, at the Wayback Machine
- "Revs select Neumann at No. 4".
- "D.C. United vs. New England Revolution - MatchCenter Timeline". MLSsoccer.com MatchCenter.
- "Revs Exercise Options on 12 Players, Leave Out McCrary".
- Neumann, Steve. "After a lot of reflection I've decided to retire from professional soccer. Thanks to everyone who supported me and made me who I am today".