Steuben Township, Steuben County, Indiana
Location in Steuben County
|Coordinates: 41°34′22″N 85°01′30″W|
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||34.49 sq mi (89.3 km2)|
|• Land||33.77 sq mi (87.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.72 sq mi (1.9 km2) 2.09%|
|Elevation||965 ft (294 m)|
|• Density||84/sq mi (32/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||453874|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 34.49 square miles (89.3 km2), of which 33.77 square miles (87.5 km2) (or 97.91%) is land and 0.72 square miles (1.9 km2) (or 2.09%) is water. Lakes in this township include Bower Lake, Golden Lake, Gooseneck Lake, Jonley Lake, Little Bower Lake, Long Lake, Meserve Lake, Mink Lake, Mud Lake, Perfect Lake, Pleasant Lake, Reed Lakes and Tamarack Lake. The stream of Mud Creek runs through this township.
- Moonlight at 41.5844948°N 85.0310770°W
- Pleasant Lake at 41.5753282°N 85.0160765°W
- Steubenville at 41.5322726°N 85.0227436°W
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains three cemeteries: Matson, Mount Zion and Pleasant Lake.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. July 9, 2010.