|Full name||Stephen Noel Richardson|
|Date of birth||16 March 1959|
|Height||180 cm (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||79 kg (174 lb)|
|1984–1993||Swan Districts||92 (38)|
|1990–1992||East Perth||41 (15)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 1993.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Richardson was from Western Australia, but started his career in Queensland, at the Mayne Australian Football Club. From there he went to Victorian Football League club Essendon, where he played one league game in 1983, their round 20 win over Melbourne at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. Coming off the interchange bench, Richardson had 16 disposals and kicked two goals. He was a member of Essendon's 1983 reserves premiership team.
In 1984, Richardson returned to Perth and joined Swan Districts in the West Australian Football League. He played in their 1984 Grand Final win over East Fremantle. The following year he represented Western Australia in an interstate match against South Australia at Subiaco Oval. He went to South Australian National Football League side Norwood in 1987 and played there for three years, making 55 senior appearances. After another stint at Swan Districts, Richardson crossed to East Perth in 1990 and played 41 league games for the club. He had one final season with Swan Districts in 1993.
- "Richardson, Steve". Essendon Football Club. Archived from the original on 24 April 2012.CS1 maint: unfit url (link)
- The Age, "Vics take the cane to Queensland", 13 July 1981, p. 24
- "Stephen Richardson". AFL Tables.
- "Victory eludes Magpies again". Canberra Times. ACT: National Library of Australia. 25 September 1983. p. 28.
- "Premiership Players 1931 - 2009". WA Football.
- "State Games 1951 - 2011". WA Football.
- "Stephen Richardson". Redlegs Museum.
- "League Games Played". East Perth Football Club. Archived from the original on 24 March 2012.
- Holmesby, Russell; Main, Jim (2007). The Encyclopedia Of AFL Footballers. BAS Publishing. ISBN 9781920910785.
- Stephen Richardson player profile page at WAFL FootyFacts