Stephen Emil Fabian
Stephen Emil Fabian Sr. is an American artist.
Fabian specializes in science fiction and fantasy illustration and cover art for books and magazines. Fabian also produced artwork for TSR's Dungeons & Dragons game from 1986 to 1995, particularly on the Ravenloft line. He was self-taught, two of his primary influences being Virgil Finlay and Hannes Bok. His work is usually signed Stephen Fabian or Stephen E. Fabian.
Fabian was a recipient of the World Fantasy Award for Life Achievement in 2006. He has also been a two-time nominee for the Hugo Award for Best Fan Artist (1970 and 1971), and a seven-time nominee for the Hugo Award for Best Professional Artist (1975–1981). Collections of his work include Ladies & Legends (1993) and Stephen E. Fabian's Women & Wonders (1995).
- Robinson, Spider (November 18, 1989). "The large and puzzling galaxy of SF writers: The New Encyclopedia of Science Fiction", The Globe and Mail, p. E13.
- The Fantasy Collection of Stephen Fabian
- World Fantasy Convention (2010). "Award Winners and Nominees". Archived from the original on December 1, 2010. Retrieved February 4, 2011.
- Stephen Fabian's website
- Stephen Fabian at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- "Bibliography of Fabian's roleplaying game art on Pen & Paper website". Archived from the original on March 10, 2005.