Staunton River Battlefield State Park
Staunton River Battlefield State Park is a state park located in Virginia. The park straddles the Staunton River in Halifax and Charlotte counties. The Roanoke visitor center in Randolph, Virginia is a railroad depot which now holds exhibits on Native Americans and railroad history. The Clover visitor center has exhibits on the American Civil War and the battle which took place on this site. It also includes information about the production of electric energy. The park also includes the Mulberry Hill plantation, given to the state in 1999.
|Staunton River Battlefield State Park|
Staunton River Battlefield State Park, April 2018
Location of Powhatan State Park
Staunton River Battlefield State Park (the United States)
|Location||1035 Fort Hill Trail, Randolph, VA 23962|
|Nearest city||Powhatan, Virginia|
|Area||300 acres (1 km2)|
|Governing body||Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation|
- "Staunton River Battlefield Park Map". Historic Staunton River Foundation. Retrieved November 22, 2009.
- "Staunton River Battlefield State Park". Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation. Retrieved November 22, 2009.
- "Master Plan for Staunton Battlefield State Park" (PDF). Virginia DHR. Retrieved 2014-12-09.
- Brian D. Bates (April 2003). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Wade Archeological Site" (PDF). Virginia Historic Landmarks Commission.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. July 9, 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Staunton River Battlefield State Park.|