Statue of William E. Dodge
William Earl Dodge is an outdoor bronze sculpture of William E. Dodge by John Quincy Adams Ward, located at Bryant Park in Manhattan, New York. It was cast in 1885 and dedicated on October 22 of that year.
|William Earl Dodge|
The sculpture in 2010
|Artist||John Quincy Adams Ward|
|Subject||William E. Dodge|
|Location||New York City, United States|
The statue was initially installed in Herald Square, having been financed by Dodge's admirers and friends. It was moved to Bryant Park in 1941 and was renovated in 1992 by the Bryant Park Restoration Corporation. The pedestal on which it originally stood was replaced in the 1941 move.
Media related to William Earl Dodge by John Quincy Adams Ward at Wikimedia Commons
- From the Archives: William Earle Dodge in Bryant Park (November 19, 2010), Bryant Park Corporation