Statue of Hugh Myddelton, Islington Green
The Statue of Hugh Myddelton in Islington Green, London, England, commemorates Hugh Myddelton (1560–1631) near the site of the original terminus of the New River in whose construction he had played a major role.
John Thomas (1813–1862) was commissioned to create the sculpture which was unveiled by the Chancellor of the Exchequer, William Gladstone, in 1862. It was presented jointly by Sir Samuel Morton Peto, MP for Finsbury, the New River Company, by then a significant local landowner, and the local authority.
- "Statue of Sir Hugh Myddelton, Islington". British Listed Buildings. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- "400th Anniversary of Sir Hugh Myddelton's New River". Welsh Mines Preservation Trust. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
Media related to Statue of Sir Hugh Myddelton, Islington Green at Wikimedia Commons