Start the Commotion
"Start the Commotion" is a song by British electronic music duo The Wiseguys, from their second album The Antidote. It was released as a single in the UK in 1998, and peaked at #66 on the UK Singles Chart. A re-release the following year gave the song a higher chart placing, peaking at #47. It also peaked at #36 on the American dance charts in 2000.
|"Start the Commotion"|
|Single by The Wiseguys|
|from the album The Antidote|
|Format||CD single, 12"|
|The Wiseguys singles chronology|
After being used in a Mitsubishi Motors television commercial in the U.S. in 2001, the song gained a second life and significant radio airplay, reaching the top 40 on the Billboard Hot 100 and making it the Wiseguys' best known song. It was featured in the 2001 comedy Zoolander, where it was used to promote the film. It was also featured in the films Gun Shy and Kangaroo Jack. It has also been officially remixed by Eric Kupper and DJ Spinna.
- UK CD single
- "Start the Commotion" (Radio edit)
- "Fatal Femme" (feat. Sense Live)
- "Start the Commotion" (Full length)
|Chart (1998–2001)||Peak position|
|UK Singles Chart||47|
|U.S. Billboard Dance Music/Club Play Singles||36|
|US Billboard Hot 100||31|
|US Adult Top 40 (Billboard)||14|
|US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)||11|
- Dangelo, Joe (August 31, 2001). "Commercial Causing a 'Commotion' for Wiseguys Song". MTV. MTV News. Retrieved September 14, 2016.
- "Start the Commotion - Official Charts Company".
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Hot Dance/Disco: 1974-2003. Record Research. p. 282.
- "Start the Commotion by The Wiseguys on WhoSampled". WhoSampled.
- "The Wiseguys Start the Commotion Chart History (Dance Club Songs)". Billboard.
- "The Wiseguys Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "The Wiseguys Chart History (Adult Pop Songs)". Billboard.
- "The Wiseguys Chart History (Pop Songs)". Billboard.